Xbox one elite controller

Anyone planning on getting this? I think it looks great!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller

It got four additional buttons? Or are they moved?
Not sure how it will increase your accuracy as advertised, but more buttons are always better.

From the link above:

Customize your experience even further with an easy-to-use app*. Adjust trigger min/max values, thumbstick sensitivities, button assignments, and more, so the controls are exactly the way you want them. Assign any of 14 inputs to the ABXY buttons, paddles, D-pad, triggers, and thumbstick clicks.

So I guess you do your own button mapping to the existing xbox one controller buttons. I’m not so sure on the accuracy either but I’m more into the paddles.

That D-pad… shudders. It looks like they went back to the old crummy D-pad from the 360. Fighting games need solid up down left right, not mushy diagnals.

Also, how do you not constantly hit those back 4 paddles? I’m not an immediate fan of this controller.

I picked up a 360 controller recently, and I kind of miss it. The feel of the old controller was … stickier? Not the buttons, those are all improved on the Xbox one, but the actual plastic of the controller is more slippery now. I wish the new controller felt as solid as on the 360. The Xbox one controller is creaky and bendy.

Steam is doing the exact same thing. :confused:

Yes, yes, yes! I want it now! Right bloody now!

Dpad is customizable as well.

$150

OoooOooOooO. Well that’s a pretty neat feature.

Honestly im more of a DS controller.
But if i was going to buy a controller for the PC to play games that would be the Valve controller.
No way i’m paying 150$ to buy a xbox controller when Valve is offering their controller for 50$

And i’m pretty sure Valve will do a great job

~Clears throat~
#KEYBOARD AND MOUSE MASTER RACE
~Leaves~

If I can afford it, the damn thing will probably cost $90.

Well ofc K/M is better.

But what happens if i want to play Mortal Kombat? :stuck_out_tongue: K/M sucks for fighting games

Xbox elite controller= 150$
Valve controller= 54$

$150.
<zzzzzzxxxx

Valve controller doesn’t work on X1. :wink:

It also sucked for dark souls.
I pulled it off
I may have broken my keyboard halfway through but ehhhhh

What? Oh god, that is such a joke. Whelp, I’m sure as fudge not going to buy that piece of fart. Nobody NEEDS to have interchangeable parts like that, this isn’t a promotional Barbie dressup controller. Wow, that has to be the funniest thing I have heard in weeks. I thought my estimation was a joke! XD

There’s actually a pretty big market for these types of controllers. I’ve hemmed and hawwed on them because they were third party, but I’ll give this one a shot. I can always return it.

Best of luck to you my friend.

I was kind of expecting an improved controller, like how the 360 released a modified one after a few years. I’m still rocking my day one controller on Xbox so I’m in need of an upgrade for sure but that thing? Yeah, hell no. It looked nice when they revealed it but it isn’t worth 3x the cost of a regular gamepad, at least not to me.

There’s a slightly updated controller that just came out with the built-in 3.5mm jack and tweaks to the buttons and triggers.

For $150 dollars I can just as easily purchase a converter that lets me use mouse and keyboard instead of a controller for consoles. -.- Microsoft just doesn’t get it.