Quite frankly, I was 55th last night globally and I play mostly hunter, but one thing that I could always count on in matchmaking was that any scrub with a wraith could completely and utterly make me want to put down the mouse and stop playing the game.
- Skill at playing wraith should not equate to press decoy, receive lots of free damage and nigh invulnerability because tracking darts/dust/etc for some reason does not persist through it. I’ve even used Hyde to set him on fire and watched him perfect stealth right away and no fire trails are left. Yet hunter jetpacks show through cloak and while on fire
- Decoy is effectively a monster ability that doubles(or more) damage output, something no other monster can do with one button press, it’s also the best effective armor and health ability in game and too good for time wasting.
- Rank 2 and higher Wrath with Supernova breaks Hank’s shield from full charge with 2-4 seconds left over, again something no other monster can do with one button press. I mean, at that point I kinda felt like why did I even bother, he still tore into his health pool with the same ability’s remaining duration. Absurd. He hasn’t even used the rest of his abilities yet for crying out loud.
- Trap wraith, only fight decoys because the stealth is so pure and leaves no trace of Wraith. (And this is coming from someone that finds it EASY to spot stealthed hunters monsterside.
- After having never seen wraith because all players are convinced stage 3 is the way to go it will simply traverse 50% of the map in one go, Caira can only get you 1/3 of that distance and in more than 10x the time.
In short, Wraith is manageable only by the most effective and organized group of hunters, and even then sheer power and damage output can negate and defense or tactics you may have been using.
To the Devs, please think about bringing wraith’s ability dmg potential per button press more in line with the other monsters, allow the Hunter’s skill shot tracking to actually persist on wraith through decoy since that’s what they’re supposed to do, and possible investigate giving wraith 2 jumps maximum and the dash-explode becomes the third.
Invisibility may or may not need at least a telltale shimmer depending on how the aforementioned tweaks are applied/not applied. (eg. no need for invisibility tweak if track dart persists through stealth. Otherwise, if track dart remains the same, then invisibility needs to be a tad more visible, simply too good, and all you can do is ignore decoy as best as you can.)
Thanks for your time all, I know that some of these suggestion seem extreme, and possibly only 1 or two of them need implementation to bring wraith in-line with the other monsters.