Wraith as Isolation Assassin

As of right now, taken from the wikia page, here are the current abilities of Wraith

Warp Blast

The wraith dashes to the targeted position before creating a large explosion. The blast deals damage in an area of effect and knocks targets back. The Wraith is immune to mines and other traps during the dash, but can be hurt by mines she detonates with the explosion.

Damage: 470/484/517

Knockback: 15/17/19

Radius: 6/7.5/9

Range: 24/30/36m

Cooldown (In Combat) 8 seconds

Cooldown (Out of Combat) 20 seconds

Abduction

Wraith dashes to a target, grabs it, and returns to its original position.The grab stuns the hunter for the duration and does single target damage. Missing will cause the Wraith to travel the full length of the abduct before returning to its original position. It is an excellent tool for separating a hunter from the rest of the team, or for creating aerial combos.

Range: 64/80/94m

Cooldown: 9/8/7 seconds

Decoy

The Wraith creates a decoy as a diversion. The decoy is invulnerable and will attack wildlife and hunters. but disappears after a certain amount of time. The decoy moves in the direction Wraith is facing when activated, and leaves a barely visible trail of dust in its wake as well as a flashing particle effect when shot, giving hunters insight into false nature.

Bonus Attack Damage: 50%/51%/55%

Duration: 4.7 / 5.9 / 7 seconds

Cooldown: 17/15/15 seconds

Supernova

The Wraith creates a zone of power, buffing her melee attacks and abilities with extra damage and attack speed, effectively transforming her into a furious storm of blades. Leaving the zone will nullify the effect.

Bonus Damage: 59/61/65 per hit

Radius: 17.3/21.6/26m

Duration: 5.7/7.1/8.5 seconds

Cooldown: 12/10/10 seconds

Here are her Basic STAT Numbers provided by the wikia:

Heavy attack: 248 damage, in a wide radius. Resets every 3 seconds.

Light attack: 99 damage.

Vs Incap: 123 damage.

Pounce: 70/90/110 damage per tick

Armor: 3000/4000/5000: 6/8/10 bars

Health 6500/9500/12150: 5/7/8 bars

Blades 4.75m

Speed 7.5 meters per second

My point starts below

_July 14th :

• UPDATES & CHANGES Cooldown for Abduction increased. Knockback for Warp Blast increased, added a self-stun to Warp Blast, Warp Blast no longer requires charge up time of explosion upon reaching the destination.

_July 15th:

• WARP BLAST UPDATE Increased radius of Warp Blast from 3/4.5/6m too 3.75/4.25/5m

_July 16th:

• ABDUCTION UPDATES Defined damage for abduction from ??/??/?? to 136/153/173. This is to be added on top of Wraith’s base light attack of 99 dealing a total of 235/252/272 per hit.

• ABDUCTION UPDATES Attack Speed increase set at 180% for those that think this x180, to get the total attack speed do Wraith’s BASE x 1.8. Added Total Potential Damage.

• DECOY CHANGES Changes to how Decoy functions, removed bonus damage, duration increased from 2.7/3.9/6 seconds to 6/7/8 seconds. Added Marked and Self-Mark durations.

• SUPERNOVA CHANGES Changed Supernova from an immovable zone too a movable zone centered on the Wraith, traversing and using abilities as wraith will now cancel this effect. Removed “Bonus Damage:None” from Supernova, changed radius from 12.3/15.6/21m to 21/17.3/14m. Changed duration from 5.7/7.1/8.5 seconds to 20/12.1/8.5 seconds. Slow defined from ??/??/?? to 3%/6.6%/11.75% per second.
    Total Slow: 60%/80%/100%

• BASE STAT CHANGES Put forward nerf of base armor and health after seeing Total Potential Damage for Abduction

• ABDUCTION CHANGES Increased cooldown of Abduction to 25/23/20 from 24/21/15

As of right now I think the abilities of wraith don’t highlight game play that is unique to her. I think isolating targets and downing them away from their teammates should be the focal point of how wraith operates inside the dome and outside waiting in ambush. I think the focus on her mobility leads to balancing issues that leave everyone hungry for something they can’t describe with words like “rewarding” “balanced” and “fun”.

So here are changes to the abilities that could possible make Wraith more of what everyone is hungry for.

BASE STATS

Armor: 2500/3000/4500: 5/6/9 bars

Health 3900/7800/9100: 3/5/7 bars

Blades 4.75m

Speed 6 meters per second

Warp Blast
The wraith dashes to the targeted position charging a potential explosion and releasing it upon reaching its destination. The blast deals damage in an area of effect and knocks targets back. The Wraith is immune to mines and other traps during the dash, but can be hurt by mines she detonates with the explosion. Once Wraith releases the explosion, she is stunned for .75 seconds from the blowback of the impact.

Damage: 270/284/317
Knockback: 17/20/27m (Was 20/22/24m)
Radius: 3.75/4.25/5 (Was 3/4.5/6m)
Self_Stun: .75 seconds
Cooldown (Out of Combat) 45 seconds

Abduction

Wraith dashes through all terrain to a target allowing wraith to grab a hunter through walls, and returns to its original position.The grab stuns the hunter for the duration and upon returning the Wraith goes into a frenzy, and receives increased single-target attack damage and attack speed. Missing will cause the Wraith to travel the full length of the abduct before returning to its original position. The damage buffs are still applied but not the attack speed buffs if wraith does not grab a victim. It is an excellent tool for separating a hunter from the rest of the team, or for creating aerial combos.

Bonus Damage: 136/153/173 per hit
Bonus Attack Speed: 180%
Duration: 6/7/9 seconds
Total Potential Damage with BASE Attack Speed of 1.667/s

• 1.667/s x 1.8 = 3/s

• Total Attacks: 18/21/27

• Total for 1 Auto Attack with base of 99 is 235/252/272

• Total Potential Damage:4248/5292/7344

Range: 32/48/64m
Cooldown: 25/23/20 seconds (Was 24/21/15 seconds)

Decoy

The Wraith creates a decoy as a diversion. The decoy is invulnerable and will attack wildlife and hunters that Wraith isn’t already attacking. This Decoy will give vision of the hunters and wildlife it attacks to the Wraith. Disappearing after a certain amount of time. Flashing particle effect when shot, giving hunters insight into its false nature.If the decoy is not destroyed, it returns to the Wraith, highlighting it through walls allowing Hunters to see its position.

Duration: 6/7/8 seconds
Duration Marked: 35 seconds
Duration of Self-Mark:11/7/3 seconds
Cooldown: 15/13/13 seconds

Supernova

The Wraith secretes fluid from it’s body that encircles it, creating a zone that stacks a slow on all hunters that enter it. This zone is centered on wraith and moves were it moves, using abilities or traversals will nullify the effect.

Radius: 21m/17.3m/14m (Was 12.3/15.6/21m)
Duration: 20/12.1/8.5 seconds (Was 5.7/7.1/8.5 seconds)
Cooldown: 14 seconds
Slow 3%/6.6%/11.75% per second (Was ??/??/??)

I know these changes aren’t going to happen

But it would be fun to see what people thought about them, I think this would change her style from hit and run to ambush.

EDIT: I also think her move speed should be reduced by 1~2 meters if these changes did happen.

REASONING BEHIND MY CHANGES BELOW

Above all I really want a monster that’s is scary in the right hands, and awful in the wrong hands. Another theme was utility/defense other than just straight armor and health, and finally really having to choose between what skills you level. Giving a slight indirect buff in away because it really allows you to adapt too the hunters you are fighting as well fit your playstyle within the boundaries of the skills. Obviously you can see my bias for Abduction, but I was really focusing around that ability and how wraith’s other abilites could help land that one ability. Making them all necessary in their own way to deal damage.And so to make wraith that, I put forward these changes. Lets start with Warp Blast

Lets compare the two abilities side by side
First the original

Warp Blast
The wraith dashes to the targeted position before creating a large explosion. The blast deals damage in an area of effect and knocks targets back. The Wraith is immune to mines and other traps during the dash, but can be hurt by mines she detonates with the explosion.

Knockback: 15/17/19
Radius: 6/7.5/9
Cooldown (Out of Combat) 20 seconds

And then my change

Warp Blast
The wraith dashes to the targeted position charging a potential explosion and releasing it upon reaching its destination. The blast deals damage in an area of effect and knocks targets back. The Wraith is immune to mines and other traps during the dash, but can be hurt by mines she detonates with the explosion. Once Wraith releases the explosion, she is stunned for .75 seconds from the blowback of the impact.

Damage: 270/284/317
Knockback: 17/20/27m (Was 20/22/24m)
Radius: 3.75/4.25/5 (Was 3/4.5/6m)
Self_Stun: .75 seconds
Cooldown (Out of Combat) 45 seconds

Major Changes: include no more wind up time before the blast, its instant. BUT, now it has a smaller radius and is harder to hit than before while having a split second self-stun to allow hunters to reorient themselves while they are being pushed back and to stop the wraith from abducting people mid air. Out of combat cooldown was increased to 10 above the planet scanner which I believe to be 35 seconds, which means Wraith gets an extra traversal every planet scanner, AND the radius is reduced making it harder too see. I brought down the damage but increased the knockback, These allow Wraith to gain a level 2 OGWB at level 1 and slightly better stage 3 OGWB at level 2, increasing it significantly at level 3.

Trying to incentive and give reason as to why you want a level 3 Warp Blast. The goal for this change was utility over damage, but not free utility because in theory a hunter must be directly next to you in order for this ability to hit, which gives reason to level Decoy/Supernova because it would give the hunters something to divert their attention on. Or maybe you don’t care as a monster if WB hits because you just want the hunters to waist jetpack fuel. As far as the synergy between this ability and Abduction, one strategy for the hunters may be to group up against abduction, this gives the Wraith the ability to disrupt that tactic. Or maybe you use it for defense to blast away whole teams who are chasing you? There might be cooldown and range changes I make to nerf abuse of the ability inside the dome and make it more rewarding outside the dome.

… if this happened , I would stop playing wrath as it will be too big of a nerf . Abduction as a whole and idea of ambushing is nothing but joke and it is all thanks to tracking satellite .

I understand that these changes are huge and surmounting, I was just providing a very real look at what wraith could be. An isolation assassin instead of a wild and crazy hit and run brawler.

If you could explain your reasoning behind why you said this, it would be much appreciated.

wrap blast is a really important skill which helps at isolating characters … if you nerf it ,it will simply loose its effectiveness .

so warp blast should have a bigger radius in the changes that I put forth?
I can do that, what radius do think it should be? Granted I increased the knock back so keep that it mind. The idea was it was harder to hit but more rewarding when you did hit it.

EDIT:Maybe decrease the cool down in combat to make up for the decreased blast radius?

Radius is fine ,but I think they should either completely replace abduction or make it more usefully …

Did you see that I added that the wraith could grab people through walls?

EDIT: Should I make that more clear in the text?

There I made it more clear in the text.

all i will say is that 90% of the wiki page is not up to date

I did read it and it would be nice addition ,but it would be useless in a situation where you are at open arena like place or get ambushed . I prefer splash damage over single target damage tho . oh and make the text colored to make it easy to notice.

Okay, thank you for informing us of that

yes, this would make doming as wraith a key thing and would separate good wraith players from bad ones. And it would separate good hunters from bad hunters as well. The reason why I put this up is because wraith’s damage is on many people’s mind. This type of isolation ambush play would up her single target damage while reducing her aoe damage. I think doing this would make balancing for wraith easier and making the experience of playing against wraith more enjoyable for the hunters as well as for wraith players.

I don’t think I have the ability to make my text colored. But I’ll make the beginning a header.