Will Torvald be fixed soon?

I was wondering if a dev could confirm if Torvald will be fixed in the upcoming title update. I have seen a lot of threads stating that he was overnerfed and that he will be fixed, but I haven’t seen any posts actually confirming when this fix will happen.

2 Likes

He’s not actually that bad right now. I think people got to used to his ridiculously op mortars and now that they need some skill they’re not willing to put the time in to make them work.

5 Likes

I suggest trying to stay on low ground with Torvold.
If you are lower than the monster, then the mortors have less air time and thus, easier to hit.

1 Like

“Some skill”? You need to be borderline psychic to hit with those in their current state, and basically require the capacity perk to be on par with the rest of the Assault class.

Also, why was my original post deleted? Is making on-topic jokes not allowed?

4 Likes

is he really balanced atm? I haven’t bought him yet because I have seen so many posts about him being overnerfed and he seems to do less damage than the support in game. I was waiting until he was fixed to buy him.

1 Like

As it stands he’s still the weakest of the Assaults, and basically needs to take the capacity perk just to kind of be on par with them.

3 Likes

meh. I believe he is. the problem is we cannot see the numbers presented by his 1.6x multiplier. it only shows the number of hits the shrapnel lands -.- who cares about that! i wanna know how i assisted my team!

to me hes more of the Heavy artillery support type assault. he does constant good damage (on the level of markov) but with good aim he goes up a lil higher cuz headshots plus markers for a possible 2.6x.

his “x-factor” is the mortar rounds. which to me shouldnt be 100% accurate. but 1-3 volleys can really swing the game in your favor. this requires teamwork. somehting you wont find in pubs but in teams its super possible.

if the team is putting out good numbers from the markers (no idea how to find out…ask the devs) then his damage is actually on par with hyde and parnell. bcuz the last telemetry thread showed torvald above markov and not far behind hyde and parnell.

-cough- -cough-

Oh, I get that. But it doesn’t alter the fact that Torvald basically needs capacity to somewhat match the DPS of the rest of the Assault cast.

1 Like

Also, carpet bomb where you expect the Monster is going to go. You’ll increase your chance of landing at least 1 and at 220? per mortar, that’s not bad. Not as amazing as he was before but still.

1 Like

he is the worst assault.

4 Likes

I dunno about that. I like reload from time to time because then I can get more mortors off.
But it’s preference.

3 Likes

Back on topic though… can a regular tag one of the devs so we can maybe get a word on if he is being tuned at all?

1 Like

They could tag one, but until they are ready to share the information you won’t hear anything.

Patience is a virtue.

:partly_sunny:

3 Likes

before the gravity nerf he was ridicioulusly op and super easy to play… i doubt they will revert it to that

You should see Liquiduty on PC play Torvald. He is perfectly fine in my opinion, just requires good team communication. He can’t solo monsters, his team has to help him hit the mortars.

1 Like

darn… I was hoping since it was related to balance and not new content we could hear something. Thanks for the reply though!

1 Like

Torvald is unlikely to be fixed. Like Wraith and a few others people screamed and yelled he was OP and then when he got nerfed they screamed and yelled that he was then UP. However had they just left him as he was all would’ve been fine. IMO post-nerf Wraith was more balanced than current Wraith, so was post-nerf Torvald, Monster players just didn’t like having to move away from someone for a bit as to not be hit by mortars.

TRS is also unlikely to change him because as long as his W/L ratio is close to 50/50 they will leave him as is.

Well apparently he is now balanced…So I guess there’s nothing to fix in TRS’s books. :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean pre-nerf? If so, no. Pre-nerf Torvald was the most disgustingly OP piece of crap on legs ever…

4 Likes

Torvald was far too powerful, the melting of health against even the most mobile monsters was ridiculous. Now you need to be, IMO, either very lucky or very coordinated to get consistent damage with the mortars.

I’d still prefer if they increased gravity again but just nerfed the cooldown a bit. Make it something that is devastating, but also infrequent. Make the shot count or miss and have to wait for the next.

4 Likes