Will Back 4 Blood have a map editor?

Forgive me if this was asked before but one of the things I really like about the old L4D1, was the fact that there was a map editor and you could make your own campaigns and maps.
Will B4B have something like that too? I heard UE has an SDK but I’m not sure if this game will support it.

2 Likes

Welcome @snowbat!

Not much has been confirmed yet, so it’s possible. Maybe? :man_shrugging:

You’re welcome to pull up a carpet square and hang out with us though!

2 Likes

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

All the information currently available on Back 4 Blood is compiled within the FAQ (located here) and will be updated with more in the future! This has been a really popular question on the TRS Discord, so it may eventually show up on the FAQ. For now, we just have to wait. :blush:

3 Likes

Possible, though even if they don’t release the modified unreal tools they used to make the game, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone makes a modded tool set to interface with the game after a time. Unreal isn’t difficult to modify from my experience.

That said, it’s still in the conceptual stages, I would just wait on it and see what happens. Given how some of the developers at TRS are very open with the community, I would be leaning toward yes. Don’t take my word as gospel, however.