Cabot is a frustrating support. You can amp all day but assault decides how much damage to do. However, everyone says that he isn’t viable against a good monster. I think this is untrue. Here’s why I think people are using him wrong.
- Stage 1: Cabot is scary at stage 1. Cabot and a good assault should be able to chop off a few bars at stage 1. Stage 1 domes are necessary.
- Style: People are too used to shields. Dodge.
- Laz: I’m not saying this can’t work. However, they have a couple major issues.
- laz barely helps People stay up. Cabots amp is much less effective when anyone is down. If assault is down Cabot might be better off shooting. If trapper is down the monster can flee. If medic is down you’re screwed. Cabot going down isn’t great either.
-other medics do/help more damage
-point being everyone needs to be up for the amp.
- Dust tagging: people are so careful about this. Don’t be. When tracking definitely tag if you see the monster. Also try to guess and Tag it comes back frequently. Also don’t throw only at the end of a dome. Throw it at the start and end. The visibility is helpful.
- Cloak: Cabot usually isn’t A primary target. Try to cloak teamates before they Are almost dead.
These are my thoughts.
I’d like to hear others on why Cabot is bad or why I’m wrong.