Why no Behemoth for PC Monster Race?

This is for the gamer that is planning for the future and wants to save big bucks, right now. This version of the game jams in everything mentioned above: The Fourth Monster, Behemoth (when it’s available after launch), the Hunters Season Pass (the next four Hunters are yours as they become available after launch) and the Magma Monster skins. On top of that, this version locks you in for the Unannounced FIFTH Monster as well as the FIFTH and SIXTH DLC Hunters.

o MSRP: $99 (Online Only)
o Everything in the Digital Deluxe package
 The Game
 The Fourth Monster, Behemoth, when available after launch
 The Hunters Season Pass + Magma Monster skins
o The unannounced FIFTH Monster still in development
o Two additional Hunters (beyond the four available in the season pass)
o Four Monster Skins that are exclusively available for PC in this edition for 30 days. Because you are Monster Race. And you deserve bragging rights.
o Basically, we’re jamming in over $131 worth of content for $99 bucks. Apparently we are horrible with math.

The above was taken from: http://evolvegame.com/news/the-evolve-digital-versions-breakdown
and has not been modified whatsoever.

I purchased the PC Monster Race primarily for the promise of the fourth and fifth monster for free upon release. However, now I am seeing on forums that the only way to get Behemoth is to have pre-ordered the game.

Explanation please.

Behemoth was a pre-order incentive.

If you had Pre-ordered PCMR you would also have gotten Behemoth.

The short answer is terrible marketing. You got ripped off. The sooner you accept this and move on, the better off you’ll be.

Agreed w/ OP, that article is misleading. It carries assumptions from the prior paragraphs, that Behemoth is unlocked for preorders. It’s definitely not clearly stated though for the section regarding PCMR that Behemoth is specifically a preorder bonus. @DamJess - any input?

“How to lose fans 101” with 2k

The article clearly states that the PCMR includes Behemoth without exception, it does NOT state that you need to pre-order the PCMR (SPECIFICALLY the PCMR) to obtain Behemoth. I don’t own the PCMR, but I can’t let this one slide. The article isn’t just worded poorly, it’s flat-out wrong.

The article lists Behemoth at the top as a pre-order bonus.

I know it’s frustrating to have this happen to you, but it’s important to carefully read the small print, always. Especially when there’s so much information. In Steam it’s clear that buying the PCMR outside the preorder won’t get you BEhemoth. Well, it’s clear but you have to read carefully, it doesn’t say WARNING, NO BEHEMOTH IF YOU DIDN’T PREORDER.

It lists the Behemoth as a pre order bonus in general and as part of the Monster Race package as if there are two options of obtaining it without buying it separately later.

That’s really badly written, I remember getting so confused before the game’s launch about all this stuff.

Yes, it does. That’s also irrelevant. PCMR has its own section.

FOR THE HARDCORE: THE EVOLVE PC MONSTER RACE EDITION
This is for the gamer that is planning for the future and wants to save big bucks, right now. This version of the game jams in everything mentioned above: The Fourth Monster, Behemoth (when it’s available after launch), the Hunters Season Pass (the next four Hunters are yours as they become available after launch) and the Magma Monster skins. On top of that, this version locks you in for the Unannounced FIFTH Monster as well as the FIFTH and SIXTH DLC Hunters.

o MSRP: $99 (Online Only)
o Everything in the Digital Deluxe package
 The Game
 The Fourth Monster, Behemoth, when available after launch
 The Hunters Season Pass + Magma Monster skins
o The unannounced FIFTH Monster still in development
o Two additional Hunters (beyond the four available in the season pass)
o Four Monster Skins that are exclusively available for PC in this edition for 30 days. Because you are Monster Race. And you deserve bragging rights.
o Basically, we’re jamming in over $131 worth of content for $99 bucks. Apparently we are horrible with math.

“Pre-order” count: 0

Here is the DIGITAL DELUXE edition.

SAVE MORE WITH THE EVOLVE DIGITAL DELUXE VERSION
Some quick math: If you just buy the game, that’s 60 bucks. Add on the Hunters Season Pass that includes four brand new Hunters and exclusive Monster skins, and that’s another $25. If you jump on the Digital Deluxe version, you save an additional five bucks for jumping in early. ***(And don’t forget that fourth Monster worth $14.99 that comes free with ---->>>>pre-order<<<<<-----.)

o Pre-Purchase Start Date: 1/13/15 (Online Only)
o MSRP: $79.99 in US (You’re saving $5)
o Contents: Full Game + Monster Expansion + 3 Exclusive Monster Skins [Magma Goliath, Magma Wraith, Magma Kraken] & 4 Hunters, when they are released.
o Consumers will be granted the Monster Skins at launch and the Hunters when they are released.

Oh, look. In one version, it clearly states that you’ll get the Behemoth comes with a PRE-ORDER.

In the other, it flat-out says Behemoth --is included in the package.–

There’s no defense, it is worded clear as day. It clearly, CLEARLY states the PCMR, unequivocally, includes the Behemoth.

I don’t mean to rub it in, just to clarify. The link provided by the OP, in th seccond paragraph, says this:

The fourth Monster is free if you pre-order OR pre-purchase!

We can’t drive this part home enough: If you are planning to buy
the game, but are skittish about pre-purchase, don’t be. As soon as the
clock strikes midnight on 2/10/15, the FREE Monster Expansion Pack bonus
goes away and it will run you over$14.99 to buy Behemoth, the fourth
Monster, and the Savage Goliath skin after the fact. Think of it as us
buying the first round for you. As a thank you.

That article, as a whole, is only relevant to pre-orders. It says so right at the top of the article.

Snippets from the article (also unmodified):

Right at the top:

Big text right below it:

In the regular version:

[quote]o MSRP: $59.99 in US
o Contents: Evolve (Full Game) + Monster Expansion Pack [Savage Goliath Skin granted at launch, Behemoth when it becomes available] [/quote]

Digital deluxe version:

[quote]o MSRP: $79.99 in US (You’re saving $5)
o Contents: Full Game + Monster Expansion + 3 Exclusive Monster Skins [Magma Goliath, Magma Wraith, Magma Kraken] & 4 Hunters, when they are released. [/quote]

So basically: The article is not misleading at all, people just read only half of it and then assume things that aren’t true. The only error here is user error for not reading the very start of the article which makes it clear that the article, as a whole, is about pre-orders.
The steam store page does not list Behemoth as part of the PCMR version and never did. It was only listed as a pre-order bonus when relevant.

Same with the gamestop and Amazon descriptions. Behemoth was a pre-order bonus

Irrelevant, that text is superseded by the individual sections, which also state which ones “require” a pre-order.

Let’s dive deeper:

$60 Base game = $60
$25 Season Pass = $85
$15 Two Additional Hunters = $100
$15 Fifth Monster = $115
$15 Behemoth = $130

Hmm, take Behemoth away and their math is suddenly way off. They don’t mention pre-purchases at all. In other words, they unequivocally state, without a shadow of a doubt, in multiple ways, that the PCMR includes Behemoth, probably because you’re paying $100 for the ultimate version of the game.

The failure to mention that you need to pre-order the PCMR to get Behemoth (Which is ABSURD, by the way, the biggest, most expensive version of the game includes the fifth, but not fourth monster? Seriously?) is key here.

All the proof you need is that the sections for the other versions mention that you MUST pre-order them to get Behemoth, the PCMR section does not. These articles are very carefully worded, generally with the help of lawyers for legal purposes. You don’t leave a huge gap in the wording like that.

The Steam and Amazon pages are accurate, though. This article is not. The failure to mention that Behemoth requires a pre-order for THIS version of the game is absolutely key. You can’t argue with this, because they SPECIFICALLY mention this exact thing in the digital deluxe version of the game RIGHT ABOVE this version, even though they mention the pre-order stipulation at the top of the article. Clearly it was worded differently on purpose.

Hell, that didn’t even mention that if you got the game from GameSpot… That you had to get your pre order code off of the actual reciept … Something they rarely do.

I’m sick of having to explain this to all the disappointed people who sought the game

Horribly explained matketing plan/scam

To be honest, 2K is not responsible for how GameSpot delivers their keys or informing you about it. You can only blame GameSpot for not properly informing you on their key distribution system.

Imagine if that page contained a list of how to get keys for every single website and store out there that sells the game, that would be a huge list of instructions since everyone does it in a slightly different way.

It would also be informative, useful, and helpful… Something they could have told their freaking help desk/interns to do… And would take a minimal amount of research/copy pasting as opposed to perusing through our dissatisfied opinions on the forums…

I got my behemoth… I’m just pointing out that this level of miscommunication should not be normal … Developer/producer/distributor coordinated horribly…
And as a consumer I have no control over how they give me info… So it was somebodies job to tell us that

If I gotta spend as much on this game as I do on a fake starship in star citizen… Then our community deserve an iota of the amount of communication/info that indie games/kick starter games get… I mean this game is practically federally funded with 2k behind it… Wassup with this 3rd world country level communication

It would cost a lot of time (and thus, money) to collect all this data from the retailers. This data is most likely already available from the retailer itself, which would make spending all this time on collecting the data redundant.

Once again: it’s not up to 2K to inform people on how GameSpot distributes their keys. That is up to GameSpot to share.