Why is the game so Dark, Sad, and Impossible To See?

The old prototype was very colorful and bright, and you could actually see hunters and monsters.

“We wanted to be dark and gritty like CoD” is not a valid excuse.

They wanted to be dark and gritty li- Darn.

It’s mostly in some specific maps like Refueling Tower and Fusion plant that it can be troublesome. Every other night map as well.

You had me thinking you were talking about the GAME “Prototype” lol

They always have to make it so depressing…

Bucket said it looks better in infrared I think… so it’s probably colorful?

My gamma and screen brightness are way up, and I think it’s fine.

Anyways, you’re trapped on an overrun planet with giant Monsters that want to kill and eat you. I think I’d be pretty depressed.

They addressed this in the art book when they discussed map design. They found that without claustrophobic darker maps the monster was far too easy to find. They had to break up sight lines, reduce the lighting, and put in more vegetation so that the game could be a hunt. I love the maps :heart:!

There’s definitely grit but it’s not COD. The grittiness they going for is that firefly space frontier vibe along with a bit of gears of war.

Just all the colors you can’t see…

Idk about dark or gritty but it sure is magical when a monster knocks over a tree mid combat and it ends up obscuring half of the battlefield.

God forbid it fall on top of you, since apparently this game doesn’t make things transparent even when you clip through them.

Because Macman plays My Chemical Romance over the TRS speakers while they work, obviously

I don’t believe the environment has had any major changes in this sense since launch. If it’s really that bad, adjusting your settings would be the easiest option.

[quote=“WraithKing, post:1, topic:80606”]
“We wanted to be dark and gritty like CoD”
[/quote]Haven’t heard that one before, but the game does indeed adapt a dark and gritty atmosphere, which is also bolstered by the excellent soundtrack. In my opinion, it gives a good sense of being stranded in a hostile and dangerous environment. Having a dark environment and a sombre mood encourages that.

It’s literally the apocalypse. And it can only be slowed down, not stopped. Of course it’s going to be dark and depressing. I ha e my gamma up and things look fine visually.

1. Evolve is nothing like CoD.

2. CoD is hardly dark and gritty.

3. Using the word “excuse” makes it seem like you’re angry or criticizing the Devs on their art choice, I suggest changing that.

Just look at the multiplayer maps, a lot of colors.

http://www.at7addak.com/data/news/2013/8/22/TripleXuLtiMaTe/RawImage/-PLUO2.jpg

Yup I’d say that’s accurate.

Wow, That’s CoD 4.

Infrared is gorgeous! I’d love to see Shear (or even Earth!) in infrared.

Actually, that CoD is old.

[quote=“The_CreatorX, post:12, topic:80606, full:true”]
I don’t believe the environment has had any major changes in this sense since launch. If it’s really that bad, adjusting your settings would be the easiest option.

Ironically, a juxtaposition of opposites is what could make the game even grittier.