Who here wanted the Velvet Worm in the game?

…because I just stumbled upon some Velvety goodness y’all will enjoy. Haven’t seen it on here before, so I thought it might be nice to share.

Here’s some other newer concept art I found.

Behemoth (Rocky)

Kraken (Grounder)

Gorgon (Whip Spider)

Host (Parasite)

Sorry for the insta-bump, but I just noticed the similarities between the Worms different skull shapes and Xenomorphs. Just thought @GoGoGoliath would appreciate that.

Pardon me while I lift these for my campaign. Nothing to see here, move along.

For D&D, you mean? Yeah, the Skull Worm would be sick for my players to fight. Great idea!

All of the them would. Bosses and accompanying minions.

Eh, I’m not so sure about the Behemoth designs, they are a little rough, but I do see your point.

Reskin the top one as a myconid horror, the bottom as a warped earth elemental or some sort of fiend from the abyss.

I mean, I see what you’re saying. I just personally don’t like the designs, so I’m not gonna use them.

I do, quite a bit.

Velvet Worm always interested me when I first heard news of a new monster. Really wanted the worm but dumb world difficulties :confused:

It looks like they decided to shorten the length of it’s body by decreasing it’s segments in order to get it to work in the engine.

Unfortunately, it looks more like a grub than a worm then.

These are beautiful.

Actually, I just found some more that didn’t save properly. Behemoth and Host stuff. Give me a minute.

Since it wasn’t mentioned, these are sketches from TJ Frame, a concept artist here at the studio.
He recently started an Artstation account: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/l5eko

I did post that.

So you did, but that’s a different topic and I wanted to link to his Artstation. So there :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the link @skills4u2envy. I can add it to the growing list of TRS dev artstations.

Wouldve loved the worm if the engine couldve handled it. Such a neat concept

I would’ve loved to see this in game! Honestly Evolve’s monster and map designs were 10/10

nice post, appreciate it