• Rogue Val
  • Lazarus
  • Caira
  • Quantum Caira
  • Slim
  • Emet
  • Paladin Parnell

0 voters

Well, I don’t think there’s any question in the Support class.

Care to share?

Sunny remains the most powerful support. Sure, Hank is still very strong (mostly due to the fact that his shield was based arround nullifying mistakes as opposed to mitigating them) but he has nowhere near as much utility as Sunny does. Pity the contract was terminated before TRS could get around to replacing her shield drone.

But what about her drone? It’s not as good as Hank’s shield, and it’s fragile as well.

The problem with Sunny’s drone was just how effective it was at wasting monster resources. Yeah, it was fragile, but the fact it could be replaced immediately is what made it so strong.

Not since the devs worked on Stage 2.

Much like with Lazarus, the threat of the tool is arguably more powerful than the tool itself.

If the Monster ignores the drone, it will keep providing a strong shield to whoever is focused, which, combined with the Jetpack Booster and the Shield Burst, is more than enough to keep anyone alive forever. Therefore the Monster needs to focus the drone or it will have an incredibly hard time downing anyone. The drone basically counts almost as a fifth hunter for the Monster, which has to waste an ability on it in order to bring it down (or 2 or 3 melees but that takes too long in comparison), and that of course provides the hunters with enough time to avoid that ability’s damage and heal up in the process.
Then Sunny places another drone and the cycle continues.

In a nutshell, that’s why Sunny is considered the more common cause of tumor among Monster players. When it comes to Supports anyway. Jack is probably right behind her.

Even then it was still considered to be OP, otherwise they wouldn’t have confirmed that they planned to replace it. The post above this one does a good enough job of explaining the exact details.

Regardless, I’m also confined to console right now, and the game there is it in the worst state it’s ever been in.

But Laz can handle the monster better than the drone can survive only a few melees. Lazarus is a hunter himself, the drone is static and so an easy target.
Sunny’s biggest strength however is her jetpack booster, the perfect tool to shorten the distance between the chased monster and the hunters, and also a great tool to dodge many attacks from the monster. This is IMO her biggest strength as a Support.

Don’t linger on the Laz comparison, it was just a way to kick off the post. It doesn’t matter that it’s fragile, the point is that the monster has to waste a whole ability on it to destroy it in a relatively low amount of time, which spares the hunters from taking that damage instead. That is what I meant when I said it almost counts as another hunter, cause usually the monster saves it’s abilities for them, not a single deployable. If the monster doesn’t do that, then the drone will provide its big shielding, so in every case the monster loses damage and the hunters gain time to heal. And it can be replaced in a very short time.
So basically it’s either you ignore the drone, and then good hecking luck downing anyone, or destroy it and waste an ability that could have been used on the hunters instead, or melee it (which no reasonable monster will ever do unless forced to) and give the hunters even more time to heal. It’s a win win for the hunters.

That’s the true strength of the drone. No matter what, the monster has something to lose. The rest of her kit is indeed just as good. The booster is incredibly effective and her nukes do good damage. She’s just THE top Support.

Not 100% sure which version we’re talking about, so I just kinda picked the first one that came into my head when I think about powerhouses.

TOP support? Really? Hank’s shield is always ready when starting a dome fight, Sunny has to let her drone charge everytime it’s deployed. Hank’s better because his shield is controlled by a human (the player), he’s way better than Sunny’s drone, his perks also applies on his shield. Sunny’s drone shields the first hunter to take damage, it has no filter of who should be the most shielded in priority and at what moment. Like I said, it’s static and has to recharge everytime it’s deployed.

Yet Hank only has his Shield to defend people from damage. Once that is depleted, he has a harder time than Sunny keeping people alive. Whereas Sunny can Jetpack Boost them out of trouble while the drone is charging. The Orbital Barrage is a good deterrent, just like the drone but takes a helluva longer time to reload.

Hank is still a good Support, I’d say the second strongest easily, but Sunny is way more versatile. Pretty much every top Monster player considers Sunny absolute cancer and would rather face Hank than her any day of the week, and that is for a reason.

I’ve had harder times with Hank rather than Sunny as a monster, seriously. She’s easier to down than Hank because she doesn’t self orbital.

@deanimate would love to be you for sure. XD

Anyway, as for the topic at hand, my picks are Caira, Sunny, Jack and Parnell. Goliath for monsters.

Of course those are the ones I think are strongest. My actual favorites are Slim/Paladin, Tech Sgt. Hank, Crow and Hyde/Renegade Abe. Goliath also happens to be my favorite monster.

Goliath, Q.Caira, Hank and Abe. I don’t have any favourite assault, they’re all good (R.Abe has a slightly lesser damage output, but whatever).

Question… why did no one ever think to just, like… lower it’s capacity? Y’know, since she already has the most damaging single-fire weapon in the game, and the jet pack booster?

Wasn’t her weapon damage the same per-shot as Cabot’s, just without the ability to get headshots?

Nevertheless, I don’t think that would have helped too much with Sunny’s drone, given that most good players didn’t really use it for the shield itself. Though, it probably would have helped rein Hank’s shield game in a great deal if they had done that with his shield, which they really should have done.

So I’ll try to provide a short explanation for each of my choices:

• Monster: Elder Kraken.This is an obvious choice. At the end of Legacy, this monster continues to be the most dominant. Even in Stage 2 he has been one of the most popular choices in the competitive scene for a reason. He remains an incredible burst monster like Goliath, but he can still fly to keep somewhat of a distance, therefore making it harder for certain assaults like Lennox, Hyde and Blitz Markov to stay close to keep their damage high.
  • Lennox: This is a personal opinion, as I find she sits high together with Renegade Abe and Hyde. However, I find her more versatile than Hyde, as her autocannon is very powerful and useful against the Krakens when in the air. And if they ever get down, a well aimed Thunder Strike and then some Plasma Lances gets the extra damage. Also incredibly powerful if you manage to corner a monster in a tight space and it doesn’t pay attention to her.
  • Griffin: That harpoon is useful against any monster. A solid choice in any comp, as his Sound Spikes are one of the better tracking tools in the game (in my opinion). Also they cover a larger area than Electro Griffin.
  • Sunny: No denying this one. Play against a well coordinated team, and you’ll be sweating, a lot. Killing her means you have to corner her, kill of the drone, and burst her down as fast as possible. Sounds easy on paper, but imagine this: Assault blocks rock throw, fire breath goes to kill off drone, Sunny jetpack boosts away from leap smash and can afford to tank the Charge hit because Slim is just behind you healing (and laughing his ass off) @Dovahkick, maybe this scenario explains better what everyone is talking about. Oh, or even better, Griffin poons you when you try to charge. Eheheh, $%?& Sunny.
  • Slim: Even with the nerf, he’s still a dominant choice with the right support. Perhaps his biggest weakness is against monsters he can’t always manage to get up close, like Behemoth when he uses a wall, or Kraken while flying around. But when he can get close and he’s not being focused, he’s just too good.