Which piece of equipment is the least used?

Just asking, which piece of equipment do you guys think is the easiest to forget to use? While I think that all of the hunters have good kits, I think the easiest ones to forget to use are the UAV and Torvalds shrapnel grenade (which is sad cause its pretty good actually), similarly Cabots dust tagging, though great, is made almost useless by crow/val and doesnt deserve such a long reload time. Emets beacon is obviously getting a lot of hate because of how it works, and lastly, Cairas napalm doesnt do enough to warrant switching away from her healing grenades. Thats 5 out of 57 items (not counting adaptations)

Judging from my pub experience, I’d say the Medgun is practically never used.

Not necessarily a whole weapon, but the rapid shot of crow’s stasis gun. It is really helpful, but a lot of people don’t see the point in using it.

I use that way more than anyone else. Definitely more than I charge it.
I use Cabot’s tag all day every day if I got it.

Buckets UAV is completely pointless though. I might use it when I’m hold up at the relay waiting but it doesn’t last long enough for all it’s drawbacks so it’s worthless. Abe does the same job infinitely better in my opinion.
The uav should be 20 seconds minimum I think.

The uav is great for finding the monster at the start of the game. Pair up with abe and bucket finds the monster and abe keeps it tagged. I do really like the uav. :smile:

Though it doesn’t happen with experienced players, I’ve seen too many Parnells who use only the rocket launcher.

Buckets UAV is completely pointless though. I might use it when I’m hold up at the relay waiting but it doesn’t last long enough for all it’s drawbacks so it’s worthless. Abe does the same job infinitely better in my opinion.
The uav should be 20 seconds minimum I think.

Agreed. Bucket’s UAV is definitely the least used piece of kit in the game. It’s so extremely situational that it’s often better to just stick with your team.

I wish they would change it to be able to tag a monster from Bucket’s perspective also. This would make it more useful in combat at least.

They should add a gun to the UAV, then you could fly around annoying the monster and stop it from feeding.

That’s odd. With Torvald, the first thing I usually charge into battle with is the discus.

Caira’s napalm grenades are a thing. I guess. They hardly do any noticeable damage for me to notice.

Ive seen countless Torvalds who dont use it even once. I think people get too fixated on the tremendous damage from his mortars and they forgt to use his shotgun or his shrapnel

I honestly don’t see the point in using it. You’ve got me curious, is there any specific reason as to why it’s viable?

When the monster is about to leave line of sight and it would take too long to charge a shot up. Just a few quick shots can allow you to catch up enough to get that charged shot in.

It is understandable that some don’t bother using it though. It slows the same amount and doesn’t last a second, but sometimes a second is all you need.

Alright, fair enough. Thanks, Jedi.

If you want to know My least used weapons, then I rarely use the damaging equipment (sniper rifles, guns, pistols, stasis guns) for Medics and Trapper. I only use Sunny’s JPB for Medics.

But in pubs? I’d say precise weaponry is rarely used. Like Val’s tranqs or Rogue Val’s poison darts. They take a good aim and good precision to shoot the monster from more than four feet away.

Varient idea right there!

You do know how to curve the shot, right?

Not a clue. :smile:

Gotta say… Shrapnel grenades. I’m pretty guilty of not using them myself, because who needs shrapnel when you can mortar that monster to death

Also Daisy. I suppose a lot of trappers barely use her because she’s slow and they have a general sense of feeding routes.

It’s pretty simple. Charge up a shot and before shooting there’s this slight delay before the shot. In that super small window drag your crosshair across the screen. This should result in the shot moving forward and in the direction in which you moved.

I’ll have to give that a try. Thanks for the tip.