What video games should be made into movies?

If you could pick some video games that should be made into feature length movies, which ones would you go for? Budget isn’t a concern. Can be whatever genre you want, even if it doesn’t match the game. Also, if it’s already been made into a movie, are you satisfied with the movie or should there be a remake?

For me, the games would be:

• Bioshock
  • Borderlands
  • Metro: Last Light

All three have great stories and I think they’d lend themselves well to the big screen. Borderlands would probably be the trickiest, as I’d want it to retain the same artistic style.

Halo all the way and it has to be legit.

None because there aren’t enough to make me think anyone’s capable of doing it! ^^

But on a serious note, LA Noire, Brothers in Arms, The Saboteur and The Legend of Spyro trilogy (which should never have been a video game but a series of films).

We were so close to a revamped Mortal Kombat movie :,(.

I’ve said elsewhere I’m a big fan of Panzer Dragoon Orta, and that would make a great action film. It was very cinematic in it’s own right. I’d also like to see, for political reasons, Papers Please get made into an indie film (more of a based off than a following of the exact gameplay ;))

Word of Warcraft would make a great movie/movies in my opinion.
BioShock is a great idea @tommy290
Left 4 Dead could be rad.
Assassins Creed

I think there are a bunch that have been well written that would make great movies.

If somebody actually made a movie out of “Anarchy Reigns”, that would be absolutely brilliant! :smile:

Heavy Rain, The Last Of Us, Oblivion, Star Wars Empire at War: Corruptions expansion campaign, Star Craft

Lots of good suggestions so far. (Although, I strongly disagree about WoW. I think that game has really gotten off tangent story wise and the story is arguably one of the worst things about it)

However, one game that never really got to shine was Advent Rising. If you have never heard of this game or played it, it is one of the best written stories in a game. It was slated to be a trilogy but the company went under when the game launched and the game left on a really big cliff hanger. The script and story was written by Orsen Scott Card (Ender’s Game, Pathfinder, Alvin Maker) and was really well done.

The game’s graphics are a bit dated, but the game was really well done. It also has some really fantastic music. Also has a fantastic soundtrack. Here is a trailer of it. Really epic game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1atrmoPObc. If I ever become a multi-millionaire, I would buy the Firefly franchise and the Advent Rising franchise and have them finish what they started.

@TEKNOC There’s an AC movie on IMDb scheduled for 2015, I haven’t heard anything about it though, here’s the link : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2094766/

Interesting… Thanks for pointing that out. I sure hope they give it a good budget. I could see AC as a big blockbuster movie for sure.

What about the lore of WC1 and WC2, I feel those could make good movies… I’ve read books on the lore and I felt they were really compelling. I agree with you to a point about WoW. Maybe if you broke the main plot down and just focused on the smaller plots, those could make good movies.

I agree that War1-3 could be done decently enough. It’s not until they decided to get all Cthulian history with the Elder Gods and whatnot. The idea of an invasion from another realm could work well enough on it’s own. Although, to be fair, I don’t understand how Bloodlusted Ogres/Death Knights lost to Paladins and Mages in War 2. Orcs were OP as hell :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t Heavy Rain already a movie though? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They were actually going to make it into a movie but I think it lost funding

The Metal Gear franchise could work as well.

The Last of Us

The Last of Us, maybe Bioshock, Left 4 Dead could be good depending on how they do it.

World of Warcraft is getting made into a movie :slight_smile:

The Last of Us is already being made into a film :stuck_out_tongue: