What to watch out for against Kala?

I’ve been out of the game for a while now, but I’m keenly awaiting TU9 when they finally change things up with Wraith. Thing is, I’ve never played against a player-controlled Kala yet. Now that she’s been out for a while, what should I be worried about if I come up against her?

I know she has her teleporter but I still have no idea how it actually works, and her armour beam just seems like cheating to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, she’s got the benefit of looking like she might turn into some Hulk-Kraken hybrid at any moment, but she’s got the disadvantage of not being Sunny.

A crippling disadvantage if ever there was one.

Just treat her like Cabot and Bucket… easy (or at least easier) Medic kill when you want the Medic dead.

You’re gonna lose HP then get your Armor back… might as well make use of it.

Watch to see how often the Reducer is used and watch your health. If it’s really low, then incap the Kala player and kill her so you don’t have to worry about. I recently played against someone who was on fire with the Reducer.

Well sorry to say you most likely won’t see her that much. I can’t remember the last time I saw a Kala picked, or the last time my team picked Kala. but if you do fight her watch out for her teleporters they can be really good at saving the team and taking them out of sight. with her and a good Emet they can be a handful if played right.

My personal experience is that killing Kala should be a primary thing. Letting her go without strikes by the time you get to stage 3 is going to be a thing you’ll do once, and then regret it so much you’ll never do it again.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve regretted the decision of not getting strikes on her when I could before stage 3.

It is essential to get strikes on her before you get to stage 3 because she can really eat away at you in a hunter favor location.

She’s used really well with a communication squad of high ranked players

Teleporters and relay shenannigans. Teleporters will be used to cut you off, but they are really loud so it’s easy to tell when someone teleports.

Oh and the mines are basically an assault weapon when used properly.