What’s Your Favorite Scary Scene in a Movie or Show? 👻

Don’t you remember that one scene that scared the living crap out of you when you first watched it? It doesn’t necessarily need to be a jumpscare, just a scene that made you feel goosebumps all over your body just by watching it . :skull:

My pick is the “Bear” scene in Annihilation,

Holy mother of creepiness… this scene left me in awe. I was expecting to see a thriller movie, not horror! But this scene annihilated my expectations; the visuals, the SOUND and acting… amazing. It’s even more terrifying when you finally figure out why this thing is screaming help.

Now let’s share our favorite scary scenes! :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

I can’t remember any particular scene but the only movie to ever give me any scare factor was Pet Semetary 2.

I had nightmares about skinned dogs for years.

1 Like

Omg yes! Also, I just read this:

Can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

I dont watch horror, so the most is thriller for me.

My fav scene was in Cloverfield

where the monster is first shown close overhead, being attacked by missiles and giving out that thrilling cry , some of the coolest appearance ever, to show u that this aint no ordinary monster movie.

Ill try find that video later

1 Like

I didn’t even know there was a remake. Well I know which movie I won’t be seeing in theaters (because my wife hates horror movies).

1 Like

Why do those kids have masks on?

0 Likes

I still need to see Annihilation, I heard it’s one of the few movies that comes close to doing cosmic horror well.

As for favourite scenes, just to name a few:

• The scene with the Pale Man from Pan’s Labyrinth
  • The scene in Cloverfield where they’ve just ‘escaped’, and they fly above the monster as it is being bombed, only for Clover to leap at the helicopter from the smoke
  • The sloth victim from Se7en
  • And, weirdly enough, the second half of the trailer of Paranormal Activity 3, with the two girls in the bathroom. That has legit kept me up many nights when I was younger
2 Likes

@superiuxn0va Cloverfield is my favorite found-footage film! The sound design and visuals were amazing!

@TinyPickles318 I don’t know, I haven’t watched the movie yet. :sweat_smile:

@LordDerp I have watched Pan’s Labyrinth countless times and that scene always gets my heart pumping really fast! Guillermo del Toro is a genius!

3 Likes

Yup, that one’s mine.

2 Likes

I normally don’t really react to jump scares but this one got me good.

Also this scene from Alien still makes me feel uncomfortable:

3 Likes

Freddy Kruger A Nightmare on Elm Street 1st movie where Freddy stretched out arms to scratch the sides of the alleyway as he walked slowly towards his prey

Hellraiser II, the atmosphere alone in that movie was enough, then watching the transformation to cynobite from the box

2 Likes