What is the Krakens gender?

Considering the fact that Goliath and soon to come Behemoth are males. While wraith is a female. I can not decide wether Kraken is a Male (3-1), or a female (2-2).

If someone can please provide evidence of Kraken’s gender. Anything from commentary to original ideas from developers.

Who says it’s gendered? They’re weird-ass alien monsters of drastically varying biology and nature, nothing says that they all have to have the classic male/female stuff.

Techically, none of the monsters have a gender, but the colonists and the hunters treat their gender for what they look like, wraith looks like a female, so for them its a she, Goliath a he, and kraken most likely a he, as well, or some sort of '‘granny’

All monsters in the game have a certain gender, I think it’s the ALPHA Monsters that we play as have an assigned gender. So what I would assume is the Wraith WE play as is female when there are certainly other Wraiths out there are either male or female.

That’s my take on it anyway!

I wonder how the alpha status is gained on the monster’s side, i mean, whats the difference between alpha and minions, since minions are basically tier 1 goliaths.

Abe sees tits Abe thinks female lol
We don’t know for sure if the wraith is female or not the devs refer to her as female so that is what we have to go with unless you want to argue with the creators of the monster.

They ain’t got no bits. Last time I had a Goliath beating me while I was down it was quite apparent that it had its genitals sanded off.

Alpha Monsters are the mother/father of eggs, one would guess!

Doubt so, to all our knowledge alpha monsters stage stage 1, which can be considered baby stage, and they are basically the size of their own eggs, i feel bad if thats how it is for them to lay eggs…

Despite knowing full well they don’t - to our knowledge - have a specific gender, my brain registers Kraken’s appearance as more masculine. I’d imagine that a female Kraken would be much more slender.

The only commentary from developers that you’re requesting is them confirming that we don’t really know that much about the monsters, and they might not have a gender at all. Or perhaps they do! They’re shrouded in mystery.

he is transginger

Is that a red headed tranny?

There is an assumed gender, but no definitive sex. Sex is what you are physically, gender is what you are mentally. I feel that Kraken is a male personally. I kind of see him as the wise old man of the monster team.

I wouldn’t say wise old man. More like scornful, grumpy and perpetually sour faced but wise old man.

I kinda figured the kraken as the mage/wizard type and to me it kinda looks like krakens tentacles on his face is like a wizards long beard

there is not just one alpha monster

I think that is an killed or be killed the monsters can evolve to stage 4 and so on stated by several hunters.

Alphas probably are the strongest of their pack lets say we have 4 regions

Region 1- S3 Wraith and 67 minions
Region 2- S3 Goliath and 110 minions
Region 3- S3 Kraken and 93 minions
Region 4- S3 Behemoth and 187 minions

Region 2 beats Region 1 many minions sundered and the Goliath S3 power increases
Region 2 beats Region 3 many minions sundered and the Goliath S3 power increases
Region 2 beats Region 4 many minions sundered and the Goliath S3 power increases

and now the Goliath moves on and conquers more territory.

In Evac there are several Stage 3 monsters

Kraken looks like a wise old man to me

Kraken the White

It was stated by the devs already that BY DESIGN the monsters DON’T have a specific gender. The hunters themselves speculate about this( Caira and Hank conversation about eggs being filled with green goop instead of a “baby monster” even when the egg is ready to hatch).

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were some kind of bio-matter that takes elements form its surroundings - so they have certain human features(more hunter talk reveals that the monsters start to think like humans because of adapting/assimilating the best material)

Can “horrible” be considered a gender? The writings of H.P.Lovecraft, by which Kraken is inspired, would describe it in pretty vague, but haunting terms. Here’s from the master himself, describing a statuette of the Great Cthulhu: [quote]It represented a monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopus-like head whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind. This thing, which seemed instinct with a fearsome and unnatural malignancy, was of a somewhat bloated corpulence, and squatted evilly on a rectangular block or pedestal covered with undecipherable characters. The tips of the wings touched the back edge of the block, the seat occupied the centre, whilst the long, curved claws of the doubled-up, crouching hind legs gripped the front edge and extended a quarter of the way down toward the bottom of the pedestal. The cephalopod head was bent forward, so that the ends of the facial feelers brushed the backs of huge fore paws which clasped the croucher’s elevated knees. The aspect of the whole was abnormally life-like, and the more subtly fearful because its source was so totally unknown. Its vast, awesome, and incalculable age was unmistakable; yet not one link did it shew with any known type of art belonging to civilisation’s youth—or indeed to any other time. [/quote]Howard Phillips Lovecraft, “The Call of Cthulhu”