What is new dome meta

Being damage is really hard to get on a mitigating monster and doming gives free evolves I’m almost about to revert back to evolve domes only

Dome only in good areas. No loops. Open area, elevation changes for good positioning, ect.

Regardless, evolve domes are still the best domes if placed in the right places.

I’m on console and tbh even the best domes where half of it is out of the map and zero loops exist it’s still hard to get damage because of range problems with Hyde and console accuracy being considerably less reliable than a mouse I play trapper and I attempt to controll his movement as much as possible it’s just becoming extremely difficult because for team survivability I have to run reload or cap increase to give them more survivability so I ha to sit further back as to not just simply be outran and the goliath meta leads to being outrun if they do things properly

I have seen hold the dome more as of such but the team composition is meant for after dome pressure so slows is the flavor of CC currently.

Now as for you being incapable to do damage and always making it based off of joysticks I am seriously urging you that is more of an issue on your part.

Also I seriously have to ask why are you taking Capacity on a trapper? I mean I can easily see it being a thing for Jack still and even Crow but other than that I see no point to capacity.

I do run jack

Sometimes it’s good and sometimes it’s just ridiculously horrible even in the best of domes I’m just confused at the moment you’re 100% right about that though I’m just making excuses

1 Like

Eh… I disagree with this… I’m also on console, and I find it very easy to still do lots of damage against monsters even with the 70s domes… And that’s WITHOUT going for evolve domes… I just dome when I see the monster (and a suitable area). If the monster evolves, well, meh… Get some damage in and keep on him to stop him getting armour for when the dome is back… Sticks are no excuse. You should still be able to do a fair amount of damage and have decent accuracy.

As a Trapper I’ll run movement or jetpack. Movement so that we can keep up the pressure, I can deny feeding, keep track of the monster, and it helps in dodging. Jetpack does much the same, but much more for dodging or maps where I need to do a lot more scaling. Reload is ok for Jack, but really you want an assault running MS for you in that case, so that they can keep track of the monster for you and you simply position yourself accordingly to get the domes.

Then again, we rarely run with Hyde. @SQUAry_berry395 runs Parnell almost exclusively, so he’s always running MS, and has better range than Hyde.

Dome meta is hold the dome. It never actually changed tbh. Even with the one second domes, it didn’t change much, because so long as monsters evolve and are armourless, it’s always better to just get massive damage for free, before the one minute fighting even begins.

Another thing, do you run Jack exclusively? I feel like Trapper is the one role where you need much more variety. Especially where Jack is concerned. Some maps I feel Jack doesn’t work very well with (e.g. Aviary, Refueling Tower, Fusion Plant). Crow and Maggie are better for the bigger maps. For the smaler or more narrow ones, Jack does well. It’s a little variable, but generally that’s what I feel. It may be of help to switch up your Trapper every now and then. If you’re needing to help with team survivability that much, then there is only so much you can do. You need your teammates to be adept at dodging themselves, and increasing their survivability without you.

1 Like

That’s the only way to do it at this point really. A good monster will have full or almost full evolve meter by the first time they come into contact with hunters. If you stage 1 dome, they can mitigate well enough to where little or no health damage is done. Then when the dome drops, run about 100m away, evolve, and the dome is still only halfway done with its cool down.

1 Like

I said I was mostly making excuses above but a difference does exist look at pc hank aim vs console hank aim

[quote=“xTr1ckOrTr3atx, post:7, topic:72550”]
If the monster evolves,
[/quote] yeah you’re runn parnell I’m assuming you also run sunny probably for guaranteed ss face stuff on all monsters

As a Trapper I’ll run movement or jetpack. Movement so that we can keep up the pressure, I can deny feeding, keep track of the monster,
[/quote] generally in a 60 second force on the dome that’s what I’d run but I do have problems keeping track of a monster my assault and I are good about that

Dome meta is hold the dome. It never actually changed tbh. Even with the one second domes, it didn’t change much, because so long as monsters evolve and are armourless, it’s always better to just get massive damage for free, before the one minute fighting even begins.
[/quote] well with 45 second domes it was different because you could dome every chance you got and still get the evolve dome

Another thing, do you run Jack exclusively?
[/quote] I can run anyone well trapping is trapping especially with someone like jack who is a little harder to track with

If you’re needing to help with team survivability that much, then there is only so much you can do. You need your teammates to be adept at dodging themselves, and increasing their survivability without you.
[/quote] that problem begins to take effect when you start playing monsters like @B_Wood3235 I mean jack has way to much utility to really deny using him and the way domes have been changed really weakens one of the only viable high level metas

stage 1 domes are still rly good. (u need to be sure to get atlest 2-3 healthbars)

so most teams are only doming in perfect places.

after that keep the chase up with cc so he cant evolve

If the only monster played was kracken I’d be all for it its just to hard against goliath

[quote=“Fav, post:10, topic:72550”]
stage 1 domes are still rly good. (u need to be sure to get atlest 2-3 healthbars)
[/quote] that another problem I’m experiencing considering a monster would have to go to said perfect place

well

its only kraken so…

he wont go there? force him into it

but against goliath u should only dome on stage 1 if hes not evolve rdy (aka if he sneaks and u find him rly early) or if hes already half armor from chipping

I don’t know what you mean I’m genuinely confused by the second line the third line i can’t force him anywhere he could jump toward us i block him for a second or two maybe a couple armor bars if we’re all together and then i either dome with loops or I let him go on his merry way

The new meta is “you’s sees it; you’s domes it.”

oh we are talking about console meta right? well on pc its only kraken and @deanimate goliath.

if u wanna see how to force a monster into a bad dome spot u can always watch the latest esl cups

its easier to see

What’s deanimates twitch
Sorry dum question I know aegis streams all ESL games

The first part I’ll assume you answered your own question I’m honestly not worried about kracken he’s to slow to be good in my opinion goliath however doesn’t have to be forced to a shit dome because he has the speed and the small head to break through the hunters if they attempt to corner him

Legendary also plays Goliath

S1 only dome if it’s a good spot and the monster’s not on full armor, or if he’s on practically no armor.

S2, discretion I guess. Depends. Same as it’s always been.

Same goes for S3.

But ya, S1 I’ll prettymuch only dome if I think it’s a REALLY awesome place or he has low armor and it’s not loopy. Other than that, domehold.

I do have a twitch (.tv/deanimate) but haven’t been using it for a while. Might if I can get some regular games going.
I upload games to my youtube channel though: youtube.com/user/evolvesomepie

Me and Legendary are the two main goliath players that I’m aware of anyway.