What can I do to improve FPS? (PC Topic)

So while playing Evolve Alpha, my frame rate was terrible, being around 15-20 fps (and when the Kraken attacks, 5-10 fps). I know there will be a Beta, probably around New Years, and I want to be ready and prepared to record and dominate with fantastic FPS!

If you have any suggestions on how to help improve my FPS in Evolve and other High-Graphic games (like Alien Isolation), please tell me what I can do to improve it!

I’m also taking suggestions for Graphic Cards! I currently have a 400w Power Supply, but going to upgrade it to a 600w-650w Power Supply around Black Friday (am also taking suggestions for Power Supply!). I’m looking to replace my current low-stage one for one that can run Graphic-Intense games like Evolve, Alien Isolation, BF4, Titanfall and others coming out in the future! I’m looking for one that’s either at or below $250 (USA Currency). The one I have in mind for my PC right now is the XFX Double D R9 280, but am open to suggestions!

Thanks for the help everyone! I’m trying to get as much info as possible on these things to I can try and upgrade within a month, and I’ve already gotten tons of help from Hunter Teams, and so I’m faithful in the forums for some help!

I need the specs of your rig currently before I can offer advice.

Also, what settings were you running the game at?

I was running that game on lowest graphic setting with windows adjusted for best performance

I got a CybertronPC 5150 Escape. Here’s a link to Amazon where I bought it.

EDIT: Also, if you don’t want to go to the link, just ask for some specific component and i’ll look for it.

Your problem seems to be your graphics card.
It is a Radeon HD 6670 with 1GB of VRAM.

I have a GTX 660, Quad Core 2.8GHZ AMD Phenom II, 8GB of RAM. A very similar setup to yours, the big difference is the graphics card.

Even with my graphics card I could only run the game on low settings, no AA, and 1680 x 1050 resolution.
And I had an average of 45 FPS.

You can see from this chart where your graphics card stacks up.

If you are looking to upgrade, I suggest waiting for Black Friday/ Cyber Monday.
Probably snag a good deal on a graphics card.
You are probably looking at between $100-$200 for a good mid-range graphics card. GTX 660 equivalent or higher. With at least 2GB of VRAM. And if possible, a bus width of greater then 128bits. 192 or 256 bits bus width would be better.

If you do upgrade to a better graphics card, that power supply of yours might need to be swapped out as well.
I am running my rig on a 400 Watt, Antec brand PSU. But mine has a PCI-Express power connector for my graphics card.

I have no idea what kind of Power Supply Cybertron used except for the wattage.

You may need to buy a new Power Supply Unit (PSU) as well. Expect to pay $50 at least for a good name brand with good reviews. With preferably around 500 Watts, with at least one PCI-Express connector, 2 would be even better. You do not want to buy a cheap no name brand PSU to power your PC.

If you want to keep things simple and just swap out the graphics card, the GTX 750 TI with 2GB VRAM is a good option if your Power Supply does not have PCI-Express connectors, and you do not want to swap it out.

Pick up a new GPU.

The current two things I’m planning on upgrading is a GPU and new power supply unit. I’ve been chatting with CybertronPC support, and the current GPU I’m looking at is a XFX Double D R9 .

Also, while chatting with them, they said that I should upgrade my power supply for higher-teir stuff. I found this one and its my current runner-up.

Note that thanks to Amazon pPrime, it makes this all within my budget, and I was already planning on buying these things on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Those two look like solid choices. You may want to also compare prices on Newegg.com and TigerDirect.com

Also, you may want to sign up for the Newegg newsletter, they sometimes send coupons for discounts on their site.

I stopped reading at 400w power supply :stuck_out_tongue:

Good for you? :confused:

Am I the only one who had zero issues with this game. I ran it a the highest settings and had a steady 60 FPS 1080P.

I7 3770k
GTX 680 4Gig
16 GB ram

The leap from 660 to 680 must be HUGE.

If the damn shitbox one and ps4 can make it look halfway decent, your 660 should be able to push it harder than that.

The Corsair is a very nice power supply, works with with 780 Ti no problem.

As for video card, I like Nvidia cards but they tend to be a bit more expensive. My 780 Ti was able to run Evolve on ultra at 60 FPS consistently.

My CPU might be the problem, it’s a bit old. Released in 2009.
5 years is Technology is an antique basically.

I have an 1150 Motherboard lying around. I’ll probably upgrade to an Intel CPU if there is a good deal on Black Friday.
AMD just can’t seem to keep up with Intel performance these days.

O shit. Yea that cpu is an artifact, hahaha. I had skipped over it before. Dude my buddy just found the top end I7 on sale for like 200 bucks. Let me see if I can track it down or get a hold of him and Ill let you know.

Dude at frys, but its in store only. Its perfect for your mother board. http://www.frys.com/product/7680377?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Damn. Sadly im hundreds of miles from a Fry’s.
But Cyber Monday is just around the corner :smile:

Yup, thats what I’m waiting for to get these parts! I’m thinking of actually making a video demonstrating some high-graphic games with them :smile: