What are the reasons to why Wraith isn't a viable monster, in more competitive play?

I can see why 70% of competitive players use Kraken, because he has some really powerful exploits.

I know of only two reasons.

• Wraith has a puddle for a health pool.
  • Hit and Run doesn’t work when hunters are running you out of town.

Sad little wraith makes me want to cry. ;(

Wraith is similar to Laz. They are somewhat viable, but the win or loss is more dependent on your opponent(s) than yourself. This means that if you opponent(s) make lots of mistakes, it is easy to exploit them with these characters. If they make no mistakes, it is incredibly hard to gain any ground. Because of this, most professional players like consistency, and neither of these are consistent. People like reliable for winning tournaments, gimmicks and whatnot, while in theory work, aren’t brought for a professional event.

Wraith Problems

Wraith is viable.People don’t want to practise it tho and go with the safe picks(kraken-Goliath)

Insane raped us with Wraith last ESL in 1 match.Our monster won like 6 games while practising with us with Wraith.Remember my words.Once Kraken gets the tweaks,and Wraith starts getting played people will go mad about his new Warp Blast

-Hit and Run doesn’t work well anymore against good hunter teams due to the nerfs
-Her health and Armor super small so every little hit counts pretty hard. You just can’t get hit by Mortars, Orbital drops, mines, gas, and rockets.
-She doesn’t seem to hit as hard anymore with Supernova being shortened and abduct easily shielded. (damn you Sunny and that drone)

You really have to take your games slow and analyze situations like hunters health, what wildlife is around, how many ledges are in dome range, what is my escape route, which traps are where, has support used cloak yet and has assault popped shield.

It is much more stressful than any of the other monsters I can tell you but you just can’t afford to lose red health at early stages, hell even in stage 2 you don’t want to lose more than 2 bars of health

i disagree she hits way way harder now than before

Skywraith seems to be catching on as of late

You really have to take your games slow and analyze situations like hunters health, what wildlife is around, how many ledges are in dome range, what is my escape route, which traps are where, has support used cloak yet and has assault popped shield.

One of the reasons why I enjoy wraith in combat now, it males me feel like a badass when I can play with them like a monster boss from some japanese video game.

-She doesn’t seem to hit as hard anymore with Supernova being shortened and abduct easily shielded. (damn you Sunny and that drone)

Screwmher shield and it’s scumbaggery of a range. At least after next month we will have more options of countering her.

How?

10 chars

The guy is talking about supernova, right now she really only one reliable damage dealer in her ability arsenal. Warp Blast, while super nova has become her Aftershock.

The wraith is viable, she’s just not the Kraken.

Hit and run works much better than it did before - the new warp blast has crazy burst. Hunters should never be ‘running you out of town’ as the wraith; the Wraith will lose because she can’t fight as well as the team, not because she can’t escape (she also doesn’t really need to, because her armor pool is so low anyway).

Maybe because people are playing Sky Wraith more and using level 3 Warp Blast and Abduct, but even then you aren’t meleeing the hunters very much and your attacks are spread pretty far between (without cooldown reduction mammoth).

Warp blast did get a damage buff but with supernova having half the time, I don’t see how she does even more damage

Do you think wraith needs changed at all? Or do you think the wraith is what she is?

I think shes strong at juggling, but her overall playstyle has essentially turned her into a single skill spammer. WB + Abduct is all you need. She isn’t an assassin, she’s a juggler. And for that, I dislike her current iteration.

supernova was always a death sentence vs a good team stationary wraith=dead wraith

her burst got way stronger than it was before

abduct>heavy hit>undodgeable warpblast (that range tho) is atleast 80% of a hunters health.

hit and run works better than ever.

but she needs another change.

lower the blast radius and change her supernova. like i said stationary wraith is a dead one so maybe supernova could work like a passiv stat increase for 5 seconds (attack speed,movement speed,traversal recharge speed etc. much possibilitys)

Personally I feel that because you can use a Traversal during Supernova it can cancel out the sitting duck feeling you can get unlike Kraken’s Lightning and Aftershock. If you hear Torvald’s mortars, move. If you see the orbital coming down, move. You see the assaults shield come up, move.

Shields can negate all abduct damage since the damage comes out after the hunter gets hit but the combo air abduct into melee warp blast is pretty deadly, but the precision on that combo is high so I only expect really good Wraith players to have major success using it.

I don’t see how hit and run works better now since her traversals got nerfed and if she gets hit by a tranq or stasis she might as well be crawling uphill backwards. Plus, you can’t just decoy and hide anymore. Getting shot while decoy is out shows your location so hiding in domes has gotten tougher if you want to go that route.

If there was any change that needed to happen, it would be to increase abductions accuracy or add one or 2 more bars of armor. I can’t stand hitting a hunter with Abduct from 100m away but they don’t come with me.

Yes please buff the wraith, make my main monster even MORE lethal.

I’ve yet to lose as a wraith apart from disconnects and crashes since the patch. She’s in a good spot, maybe warp blast could use a tweak as it hits like a truck now, but then again if it didn’t it would suck. Decoy now requires some planning to use effectively rather than using it as an eject from fight button.

I’d be happy with just tuning down a bit the radius.This thing is like Aftershock now

If they bring the radius down it would need a speed increase to make it worthwhile. And then we are back to the dome escaping burst movement.

Ermm no it doesn’t need anything else.Just a little bit tuning down.You can still hit grouped targets and your actuall primary target.But right now?I was getting hit by Wraith blast behind a rock while Wraith was aiming other hunter.Its too big.Needs a to be a bit less.If right now it is 80% radius for example it needs to go 60%.Only 20% less radius but still pretty damn huge

It’s pretty easy to avoid now if you have jet pack because it’s so slow. depends how much they reduce it by really. It’s a delicate balancing act. Maybe 10-15% or something.