OK, so I am going to whine in this post how discriminated monsters are…
Think about it… there are certain rules in Evolve, basic rules that shape how the hunt looks like. These are - for example:
- monster can heal armor, but not health
- hunters have to damage monster armor first, then his health
- every time hunters go down they get one strike, strikes permanently reduce hunters health
- monster can smell hunters from certain distance
- monster travels faster than hunters and can hide, but hunters can dome monster
- hunters are specialized, some deal damage, some heal, etc
- during fight hunters can see monster, monster can see hunters
Now - look at all hunters and all monsters - tier 1 … tier 4. How does it look like ?
Essentially, the concepts for most tier 2+ hunters are to make them unique in a way, that is oriented at BREAKING THESE RULES.
Lazarus’ revive… Cabot’s shooting through walls… Caira’s speed-up buff… Bucket’s UAV disabling monster ability to hide… Abe’s darts… Slim’s spore cloud… Crow’s shooting through armor… many more…
What do we have on poor monster side
We can throw a rock, shoot someone with vortex, lava, lightning… We can grab someone from a distance… what else… ok, we can jump, some lucky ones can fly… pretty much all of it about moving and dealing damage. Standard features.
…and I have a dream: CAN WE HAVE TIER-3 OR TIER-4 MONSTER ?!!!
I mean REAL ONE ?!!! BREAKING THE RULES !!!
Something like… ability that makes incapped hunter dead at once ? health feeding ? dome escaping ? AOE invisibility/camuflage ? unlimited smell range ? instant self-healing skill ? teleportation (like evacuation “mod”) ?
So… instead of rolling marshmallow … can we have something like this, pleeeeease ?
edit: it is not about complaining, EVOLVE rocks! … just a little dreaming
edit2: actually I like rolling marshmallow very much so not “instead of”, but let’s do tier-5 then!