Alright, 4am, let’s go.
My current list of questions:
- How can we get detailed numbers on each character? For theorycrafting purposes, and also the wiki. Can we have a thread where y’all will pick up number requests and find them?
- What’s the plan for characters that are too hard countered by another? (Ex. Meaty and his weak single-targeting rekt by Slim, Bucket/Emet deployables dying to Kelder, Torvald only good against Bob, Kraken laughing at Maggie traps, Jack repulsor too good against melee/too weak against ranged, Sunny whooping Goliath/stomped by Kraken, etc. etc…)
- Will there be compensation for Gabe, now that his main advantage, stopping armor regen, is completely invalidated?
- Any views on Slim/PaPa + Hank/Sunny teams being able to facetank everything at stage 3? (Dodging key abilities of course)
- Dome timer paused by monsters attacking: I heard you will be removing dots’ ability to pause the timer. That true? Also, maybe try out a timer slow instead of a timer pause?
- Agility perks. They make you cross the map faster than going all racecar perks. Intended? They are also equivalent to +50% jetpack recharge, in addition to storing 6 boosts. Also intended?
- Heavy hitter perks. They give you a net decrease in DPS, and the gold perk is worse than the silver perk. Intended?
- Are you going to do anything about Abe’s stasis nades being too good against the Goliaths and relatively poor against the other monsters?
- Upcoming perks: spoilers please? They’re ready or in balance testing, after all, so there shouldn’t be changes to what they do.
I’ve also compiled many of the things I’ve suggested, in my suggestion threads or responses to others’. (Gaaasp!) But seriously, just give thoughts on whatever you can. I’ll put them in boxes to be neat.
Simply put, I think some crosshairs are too tiny and easily lost in visual clutter. Could we have an option to customise it for each weapon, like assembling it from “parts”?
Greener trapper name colour
It’s too close to the Support yellow. If you can’t view them in the same screen, it’s hard to judge which one it is in the heat of battle. A greener colour, or a huge icon above the name?
Why does a corrosive (erodes surfaces) reduce damage output, and a nerve toxin (impairs muscle control) increase damage taken? It makes more sense to swap the names. “Nerve Gas Grenade” and “Corrosive Injector Dart”?
Two monster choices per challenge
For monster players, having to pick that ONE particular character is a pretty bad limitation, and has led to me playing mostly hunter despite actually liking monster more.
Something on the UI to see any temporary effects and their durations?
Seeing enemy characters before picking perks
This helps with some element of countering, without allowing hard counter character picks. Also stops people from picking perks too useless against the enemy characters, like monster DR against a defensive team.
Character-specific default perks for new players
Hard to explain in brief. Allow a player to pick TRS-recommended perks for his character at rank 1, even if they are not yet unlocked. Helps with new player tutorialisation, and allows them to have more “fun” by delaying perk purchases to buy their favourite character first. See link: full description
Replacing DR and DR+Regen with Health up and Armor up
Long story short, they are too similar right now, and also they gain asymptotically higher value from being stacked. Switching their mechanics will encourage picking one or two instead of three and make their gameplay distinct from each other. Full description and sample numbers
Voluntary handicaps for dynamic in-match rebalancing
In short, have the monster choose to take a handicap (while he’s evolving and chilling) or ask for one, in return for extra keys to the side that took the handicap, if they still won. Helps make games closer, and thus more exciting and satisfying. Full description and sample numbers
3-Key toggle for Daisy behaviour
- tracking mode
- revive mode
- follow Maggie (passive mode)
- “Burn, you fuck!” (Waggie only)
And finally, (off-topic) are you accepting interns or attachments? I’d like to gain some experience before I get too busy and working with y’all sounds interesting.