Warner bros. Interactive Entertainment and Turtle Rock Studios Announce “Back 4 Blood”

YES! We already let him know someone had requested this and got a good laugh out of our area all around.

Here’s to hoping WB won’t fuck up like 2k announcing 100$ editions and different kind of season passes before the release of the game.

As for the game itself i’m sure its gonna be fun.Good luck bois and girls

Now THIS is the kind of healthy reaction I was hoping to see! Come here, lemme hug you! whispering into ear: “you smell good”

Cool beans :ok_hand:

I was wondering about that. Free to play title from Open World, correct?

Is this game free to play as well?

The FAQ says it’s going to be an AAA title and that price points haven’t been decided. I personally assume given the change in partnership that it may end up being a more traditional or hybrid pricing model… but… who knows? It’s early days yet but clearly they haven’t committed in the same way they could with Perfect World (I think? Not “Open World”?)

How much is it going to cost?

• We haven’t locked down a price point yet, but the game will be a premium, AAA title.

And for those that haven’t seen the FAQ link, it’s here again

As I’m sure this new title will be nothing short of an amazing game, it’s highly unlikely it will be more unique then Evolve. Congrats tho nonetheless.

My only gripe is zombies. I wish it was something more interesting.

I’m sure it’s going to be a good game and I look forward to it but we have all seen a lot of reanimated corpses at this point.

I just want more unique enemies.

Well to be fair “zombies” can take on several different forms. L4D (at least according to the lore) weren’t zombies in the traditional sense (they were still alive), the Last of Us had fungus zombies.

But like I said, best bet is to wait it out and see what they release publicly.

Sure i agree.But when was the last time we had a good co-op zombie game?

I can only remember L4D2.CoD zombies were never my thing.Meanwhile even on 2018 we would still play some L4D2 lans on my internet cafe.That game still has a lot of replayability and its fun.It doesn’t have to be flashy or anything.

Edit.I actually hope its a co-op zombie focused instead of a big cinematic experience like TLoU is

Like waves of Aliens would be cool, not to mention that there would be no limit to imagination whereas with zombies it’s less the case.

Still excited though. I mean, everyone that played L4D knows the witch and boomer so I’m excited to see what kind of new enemy types they would create.

And also while the wave of games after L4D did saturate out the zombie game market, and the zombie element has been persistent in other game add-on modes, I’d say that in recent times the focus (thanks to Overwatch?) has been more on hero shooters rather than zombie experiences.

Not to say that it is fresh time to re-open the Zombie genre for all, just that I think audiences in general have had a break from Zombies for a while. By the time this game actually comes out, even more so.

That said, 100% all for a new twist or take on Zombies if it can be done… but I’ll take having a more polished and updated L4D style experience over worrying about enemies feeling fresh. Evolve was the first game since L4D that had that same rush while in a co-op and it’s that ability to create an exhilarating experience that I’m looking for more than anything. Just my opinion of course :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: What @WiBaKi said

Dear TRS.

I’m really glad you guys are working on another co-op zombie shooter! Really loved the L4D series!

A quick question: I know everybody in the world only has 3 friends, as suggested by many co-op games, but will there be any plans to have a bigger group mode for people like myself who has more than 3 friends?

Asking for that fourth friend.

Regardless of my lack of interest in zombies, I’m still greatly looking forward to the game and I’m hoping their creativity far surpasses mine on what can be done with zombies that hasn’t been covered already.

Oh my. This just made my day so much better. Can’t wait to hear more about this.

Welcome @HONGSHI!

Good question, I think it’s about time that co-op games had some form of scaling that allowed for a few less, or a few more, people to be part of the group. I don’t mind if that makes the balance a little screwy outside of the ideal party size, but it’d be nice to not have to do that whole “We need to find one more!” or “Sorry we just got our 4th” thing so often.

Wait, wasn’t TRS’s next title going to be some kind of fantasy game?

I hear you on this. I was excited for “Dark Fantasy” much less excited for “Zombie Shooter”. But I am still excited to see what TRS can cook up, see if they can get me interested in a genre that I feel is over-saturated.

WHY AM I 2 DAYS LATE HOLY CRAP

I’ll make a separate bank account that will contain only 60 dollars in it and it will be locked until the game’s release date.

You guys rock! And though WB as a publisher is still kind of on the lower end of the trustworthiness spectrum (looking at MKX) it’s AMAZING news that you guys are working on this new game, especially since it’s a co-op zombie shooter!

Not 2 days! They only published this today!