Vote kick option! Please add it

I know vote kicking is not polite and many developers dont want to have this in their games. But its also not polite to play with someone who is:

• everytime idling
  • dont trap the monster
  • doesnt heal anybody
  • doesnt shield you, or not supporting your team
  • doesnt deal damage as assault
  • Insult you in chat or voice chat

I mean people who only use on Caira the Fire-Balls.
I mean people who only use on Val the Tranq and Sniper.
I mean people who only use on Hank the Damage-Gun and never the shield.
For Trapper I mean people who camp at the relay and didnt care about hunting.

Its very easy to prevent abuse of vote kicking here my proposal. Vote-Kick should be possible when:

• Rule 1: After 1 minute total idling.
  • Rule 2: Distance traveled is too low in relation to the time.
  • Rule 3: Medic is under the avg of healing. Need to be in relation of the damage to the hunters.
  • Rule 4: Trappers distance traveled is too low (in relation to the time and may in relation of monsters distance traveled).
  • Rule 5: Assault damage is under the avg (in relation to the time, count only damage in dome).
  • Rule 6: Support his actions under the avg (in relation to the time, count only in dome).
  • Rule 7: Only hunter at level 40 can be vote kicked. The rest are new to this game.

In Evolve its different when you have one guy who does these actions mentioned above. Its an easy win for the monster and 3 other players are be punished for his behavior. Even a bot is better than some players. So please add a vote kick option to counter people who destroy the game session.

Please add the ability to Kick Players

Even just a vote kick on players who are idle and stay that way for long periods of time would be nice. That’s what bothers me is when you have someone who isn’t playing whatsoever for the entire match and they aren’t going idle or being auto booted from the game.

Of course at least that would be nice :smile:

Unfortunately this would add even more elitism than we already have.
With idling I agree, but

-doesn’t trap monster is very subjective. I had a guy that didn’t even know me, we were still in the loading screen, the game did not even start, and he was complaining about me not trapping the monster :smile:
-doesn’t heal anybody -> subjective, someone can heal all game but there’s always someone who’ll bitch about it.
-same for shielding
-same for damaging
-etc
-etc

On top of what Syrinx said, vote-kicking is very abusable.

Of course you are right!

I mean people who only use on Caira the Fire-Balls.
I mean people who only use on Val the Tranq and Sniper.
I mean people who only use on Hank the Damage-Gun and never the shield.
For Trapper I mean people who camp at the relay and didnt care about hunting.

Yes it is subjective but would you kick a good medic who heals you everytime? I think no.
I think when people play at a good averrage level they wouldnt be kicked cause its hard to find better ones (in pubs). Democracy should be in a game too.

I agree 100%

I would support this if they did it in a smart way. Is a slippery slope though. Probably be safer to just take action on your part when there’s one of ‘those’ players. Say something or just leave I think would fix the issue and would keep this potentially ‘bad’ feature from being implemented. :open_mouth:

Nope. Kick option wouldn’t work for this game. All you could have is an auto kick for players not moving for a bit. Just because someone is bad is not a reason to kick. They could just be learning how to play. Maybe just communicate with those players not healing… OR you leave and find others to play with. Simple.

Its very easy to prevent abuse of vote kicking here my proposal. Vote-Kick should be possible when:

• Rule 1: After 1 minute total idling.
  • Rule 2: Distance traveled is too low in relation to the time.
  • Rule 3: Medic is under the avg of healing. Need to be in relation of the damage to the hunters.
  • Rule 4: Trappers distance traveled is too low (in relation to the time and may in relation of monsters distance traveled).
  • Rule 5: Assault damage is under the avg (in relation to the time, count only damage in dome).
  • Rule 6: Support his actions under the avg (in relation to the time, count only in dome).

It does seem like the ‘idle before kick’ feature is a bit delayed though, doesn’t it? Like it seems like it takes around 5 minutes sometimes. A very long time to be down a man for a game. I’d be in favor of shortening the timer a bit.

No, a vote kick option will be abused. Restarting vote already is, imagine with a kick option.

Yeah, sometimes I don’t think it works at all. I swear I played a match and I think this guy never moved. Honestly 1 minute seems fair to me.

In many other games it work too. Why not in Evolve? The restart option is nice why you dont like it?

+1 for that. :grin: A minute of not moving in the game? You’re outta there. Or maybe force them to go idle after 1 minute and after 1 more minute, then kick em. :open_mouth: That’d probably work.

I can see rule one, but no to the rest. When I play trapper I don’t travel as far as most since I cut the monster off. Even with all those rules, it could easily be abused.

It worked well in Left 4 Dead.

I still don’t see why it wouldn’t work here.

The benefits outweigh the abuse quotient. I’ve had way too many Trappers just trap us in the dome, Medics refuse to heal, Assaults refuse to do damage, and Supports cloak, then run away.

Even when you cut the monster off you have to walk more meters than a trapper who camp at the relay.

Yes, this would be great. I mean if you haven’t moved in a minute… Everyone probably hates you anyways. Lol

This is for restart option.

For vote kick option, yes, it generally work, but there are others times where people just like to troll or are just being jerks.

There should be a report option to signal these cases, then, i would agree with a kick vote option.