[Video] Can't destroy arc mines with lava bomb/fissure after markov respawns on ship

I played a solo defend match and was unable to kill markov’s mines after everyone was dead/waiting for dropship As noted by @MisguidedWorm7, all of behemoth’s ability may be unable to kill the arc mines when markov dead.

Reproduction steps for 1 instance in hunt map Rendering Plant:

1. Picked val cabot maggie markov for bots.
  2. Kill all the hunters multiple times to give them 1-2 strikes to make them faster to kill. (can probably set strikes to 0 for this).
    4 Make sure everyone is completely dead except for daisy and that there are arc mines nearby.
  3. When the Dropship timer reaches 0, I killed daisy (at this point every hunter should be on the ship, except for daisy).
  4. Was unable to kill mines with neither fissure nor lava bomb, even after Markov came back down.

To me it seems like the condition is that every hunter except 1 (maybe daisy) is in the dropship, and Markov’s mines are still on the map. I believe they can’t be destroyed anymore after the dropship timer reaches 0.

Edited my original explanation to fit with discussion in thread.

all of his powers seam to be effected by this, I had a game on foundry and could not break the mines by the generator with any ability.

I think this is true too, I don’t have a video but I’m pretty sure fissure was failing to kill them also, while markov was dead.

@MrStrategio A QA Tester (don’t remember his name since thread was deleted) replied to a previous thread I made about this same issue, after he successfully tested destroying arc mines. At the time I hadn’t figured out how to reproduce the bug so I unfortunately asked for the thread to be deleted (thinking it wasn’t a bug). This is my new thread, now that I have video proof/reproduction steps.

Thanks for reporting the issue. I’ve got it logged.

I had a tester try to reproduce this in solo, and they were unable to. How and when did Markov die in relation to the placement of the mines? Do you get this 100% of the time? If you could provide some more details it would be very helpful.

for me it mostly happens when i kill all or most hunters in such a short time

Markov had placed mines already, and then I believe after I fully killed him and he was waiting for dropship, I was unable to kill the mines until he came back. I will try doing it again.

I just quickly tested it in hunt mode and couldnt reproduce it, but my video is in defend mode. I’ll try defend next soon. edit: However, the other poster in this thread, @MisguidedWorm7, said he got it on a hunt mode as well. Might be some more specific conditions.

I’ve seen this when playing customs with friends in hunt mode. We were on wraith trap. Markov was a bot. The mines he placed were around the relay, usually on the grate-like flooring. I couldn’t destroy the mines with lava bomb or fissure as behemoth when Markov died.

After doing some more testing, the condition may be that all hunters are off the map. This is easy to do in defend mode since you can kill them all without winning the game.

1. Pick defend mode.
  2. Kill all the hunters at the same time, so that they all come down from the dropship at the same time.
  3. Try to destroy mines (doesn’t work with any ability).

The second time I tested it i was still unable to destroy the old mines that markov had previously played, even when he respawned. I’ll see if I can reproduce it on hunt now.

Managed to reproduce it in single player hunt mode by doing the following.
map: Rendering Plant, mode Hunt

1. Picked val cabot maggie markov for bots.
  2. Kill all the hunters multiple times to give them 1-2 strikes to make them faster to kill. (can probably set strikes to 0 for this).
    4 Make sure everyone is completely dead except for daisy and that there are arc mines nearby.
  3. When the Dropship timer reaches 0, I killed daisy (at this point every hunter should be on the ship, except for daisy).
  4. Was unable to kill mines with neither fissure nor lava bomb, even after Markov came back down.

To me it seems like the condition on hunt is that every hunter except 1 (maybe daisy) is in the dropship, and Markov’s mines are still on the map. I believe they can’t be destroyed anymore after the dropship timer reaches 0.

yay we figured it out, i think i helped the most, i gave the clue of killing all hunters (defend) or most (hunt) in a short period of time XD yay us

It also occured for me in solo grinding the masteries. There are definitely mines that cannot be destroyed. Maybe because markov was dead but I had the impression that I couldn’t destroy them after he was alive again either.

Yea, after I did some more testing, it seems that the mines that markov previously placed before he died, are indestructable, even after respawning.

i accept thank yous in cash :grin:

Behemoth can’t destroy Arc Mines at all, once Markov respawns.

This just happened to me. It still happens.