After the announcement of the upcoming Lennox change there has been some complaing about her having a much lower reward for high skill. Whether I agree with this or not isn’t the point here. This suggestion is about lowering the skill floor but simultanously making the skill ceiling higher.
What I think would achieve this, is a varying combo-timer. The combo-timer for Lennox is currently at 3 seconds for all stages.
What I have in mind is the following:
- 1st to 2nd hit: 4.5 seconds
- 2nd to 3rd hit: 3.5 seconds
- 3rd to 4th hit: 2.5 seconds
- 4th to 5th hit and so on: 1.5 seconds
If you think that’s a unneccessary nerf, add a buff of your choice in your mind to balance it out.
- Taking damage no longer resets the multiplier, as traversing out of range is much more easy and counters it enough.
- More range (12.5 meters)
- More damage (165/220/275/330)
In general this should make it much easier for lower skilled Lennox players to reach the 3rd hit. (Lower skill floor)
However getting the 4th one and keeping it would be much harder. (Higher skill ceiling)
A similar thing can be used for Blitz Markov. In general this guy needs a tiny combo window in the first place as the beam sometimes breaks for no apparent reason.
What I have in mind:
- 1st color timer: 0.20 seconds
- 2nd color timer: 0.15 seconds
- 3rd color timer: 0.10 seconds
- 4th color timer: 0.05 seconds
In other words, when the beam is blue and gets interrupted, you have .2 seconds to reapply it again and keep the progress towards the next color. Is the beam gold and gets interrupted, you only have .05 seconds to reapply it and keep the gold color and maximum damage.
As opposed to Lennox, this only lowers the skill floor. But since some interruptions are out of control of the player, this also lowers the frustration level of the player.