I was inspired by the release of Rouge Val and soon to be Blitz Markov, and was thinking up some new ideas for monster variations, as it seemed Meteor Goliath was getting a little lonely. After all, how is 2 on 1 fair amirite?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
so here are my suggestions for some monster variations and general brainstorming ideas as to what would be cool or fun to add to the game. (If TRS senpai notices me, i would like to be credited if anything were to be used. So everyone could know of the great Atrinoch, and his quest for the holy grail)
Few ideas for names include
Dark Matter Wraith
- Variation warp blast has to charge to be used. This is done by holding the correct button and releasing when desired. This warp blast does not explode upon arriving at your destination, but instead implodes, sucking in hunters and small wildlife within a certain radius. This radius increases the longer you charge up to a cap of (something) meters. It would scale off frequency and velocity when skilled, and have 60% of the damage of normal warp blast, as you’re pulling hunters to you, plus another cool interaction below.
- Variation abduction deals 40% damage of the current abduction, but travels nearly twice as far. In addition, if you are sneaking before you cast abduction, the target you take will be pounced immediately upon return. EDIT: Hit Box radius increased. Scales off of frequency and velocity when skilled. As with warp blast, it has another cool interaction as well.
This new supernova is a harrowing shade of red, and lasts twice as long as the current one, though its radius is reduced. While in this supernova, wraith gains heavily reduced cooldown on traversal, while hunters take small damage over time. Scales off duration and frequency. Interacts with something else cool below. Supernova deals equal damage and still grants attack speed.
EDIT: Alternatively, The supernova can be a dark cloud, that greatly reduces vision(both monster and hunter) but the monster can smell through it. Against slim, this would be hella fun and disorienting. Credit: This_is_VALHALLA
The most cool thing i have ever thought of, and I hope doesnt get too much criticism because… well…
EDIT: Variation decoy can still attack hunters, but deals 75% reduced damage. EDIT: Variation Decoy acts as a monster minion, following wraith until its duration is up. When the real wraith casts an ability, the decoy will mirror it(cannot sneak pounce). This means if you are aiming Abduction west, the decoy will aim west as well. It will not travel to the exact point you are aiming. Wraith does not become invisible with this Decoy. The decoy will attack nearby wildlife, and will not flash when damaged. Keep in mind all of Variation Wraith’s abilities do reduced damage that stacks with your decoy. Stonger than normal wraith if you hit with 2 warp blasts, but weaker if you hit with 1. Scales off duration and frequency.
CREDIT: Wrecker, for some awesome information. Really helped me clean up Decoy and make it what I truly intended it to be. Thx
Thats all i have for now, may extend when i figure out Behemoth, Kraken, and Gorgon, but for now please leave criticism, comments, ideas, whatever. I want to hear it to improve my own ideas and see what other cool ideas may be swimming around. Thank you. (NOTICE ME TRS PLEA I WORK HARD ON THIS)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND IDEAS! The feedback has been well received by me, and ive made some minor tweaks based on your input. Best community hands-down. Now for the next monster i have been dreaming up. It took me about 6 hours to compile my thoughts here, but i think i have it down. Without further adieu…
Dark Matter Kraken
This Kraken is special due to the fact that its abilities become more disorienting to the hunters. If hit with an electrical ability, the HUD is temporarily disabled(2-4sec). In addition, hunter jetpacks become charged, gaining 1/8 of the bar when hit with an ability. Also diables the current weapon/equipment the hunter is currently using for 2 seconds(reload time)(can only occur once every 10 seconds).
- Variation Lightning Strike, takes a few seconds longer to charge, but moves faster along the ground. When unleashed, it sends out 5 thin strikes inside a circular area(radius~3-6m). These bolts hit random spots inside the circle and deal 33% of current ability damage to creatures and hunters. Creatures and hunters can be hit by multiple strikes if positioned correctly. Cooldown much longer than current ability. Scales off number of strikes(3-5) and frequency.
- Banshee Mines function nearly the same, but travel 3x faster while homing than current banshee mines. In addition, they deal chain damage to targets within (XX) meters. 75% damage of current mines. Scales off quantity and frequency.
- This variation is very similar to normal Aftershock. When variation Aftershock is triggered, It will charge the same as the normal one. When it explodes to deal damage, it will do 50% of the normal Aftershock, BUT it will pulse 3 times. Variation Kraken can move faster than current Kraken while using Aftershock Scales off radius and frequency.
- EDIT: Vortex travels much slower but is substantially larger and wider(5-8m radius), essentially blocking a path, as it still pushes hunters back. Deals initial damage(unchanged) and damage over time to hunters it hits as it moves. Scales off duration and frequency. Duration is because it moves slowly, and shouldnt get faster at higher stages.
There you have it gents and ladies. My personal Kraken variation is now up for your review. As with the wraith, leave ideas, comments, and criticism for me to improve upon this creation. Behemoth and Gorgon coming soon. Please share and spread this around for me, id really love for everyone to see it. Thank you.
PART 3 BEHEMOTH
Gonna cut right to the chase with this one. so here we go, you know the drill.
(Darude) Sandstorm Behemoth
This variation makes it harder for hunters to see, as Behemoths abilities kick up dirt and dust, slightly obscuring vision. Behemoths traversal also kicks up dust and leaves a damaging fire trail in its wake, so dont follow the tracks exactly.
- This variation fires a scatter of small bombs like a shot gun. these still do damage over time in an area around them, but do not split off once they hit terrain. The bombs are fired in a random area infront of behemoth, and each one will have a different angle to its release. Damage is the same. Number of bombs fired is 5-6. Scales off frequency and duration.
- Variation tongue grab is virtually the same, but will stick and pull in everything within its line, whereas the current one will stop on the first target. Deals 70% of normal tongue damage. Scales off length and velocity.
- Fissure in this variation is much thinner than regular behemoth’s (2m radius). After it is cast, it will behave like normal, but when it reaches its maximum distance, it will return to the original cast location, dealing damage forwards and back. EDIT: Scales off frequency and velocity.
- Variation Rock Wall now generates in a circle around the ground marker. This can be used to trap one or multiple hunters, or encase yourself for protection. Scales off radius and frequency.
Sorry if this one seemed much shorter than the last two, but its all self explainitory, with no crazy major changes like the other two. Variation Behemoth is a bit more tame, but is still pretty cool and different. As always let me know what you guys think. And Please TRS SENPAI NOTICE ME. DO YOU LIKE THIS???
PART 4 FINALE (for now)
Here we are, last monster, last variation. i may start making a hunter variation thread later on, but this is what i got for now. Enjoy and leave criticism please.
- Variation Web Snare will knock hunters back much like Vortex. If an afflicted hunter collides with a vertical surface while being knocked back, they will be stuck to the wall. Hunters stuck to walls cannot move, shoot, or change weapons. Class abilities however, can be used, with exception to throwing the mobile arena. It can, however be taken down while stuck. Lasts roughly 2-3 seconds. Scales off Radius and Velocity.
- Variation Spider Trap has a much smaller activation radius. When a hunter is grabbed, the spider will not run off with them, but will instead cover the surrounding 2m radius with acid. Deals 90% of real ability damage, and has 70% health. Scales off Range and Health.
- Variation Acid Spit acts like a paste. Hunters that stand in or are hit with it have their movespeed reduced by 30% for 2 seconds. Deals 80% of normal acid damage. Spider Trap’s acid acts the same. Deadly combo with Web Snare, as that reduces jetpack power. Scales off Range and Duration.
- Variation Mimic leaves an acid trail along the ground as it moves. When it explodes, it covers the surrounding area in acid. Deals 70% of normal mimic damage. Scales off Radius and Frequency.
THATS IT! There are all my ideas for monsters. I need to really thank you guys and the whole community for your support and patience with me on this. Some of these took more thinking than i had thought, but i am very happy with the end result. Thank you TRS and that you again community.