Update: This is what Xbox games look like on 'Project Scorpio,' on 4K and 1080p displays

I have been following the news about project scorpio for a LONG TIME and I must say this thing is for sure gonna be a beast and for sure I’m gonna get it, so post your comments and thoughts and even funny gifs that might relate to scorpio v sony and also will you be getting one? and on a side note to all the Ponies, run little ones, your time is at hand, BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF THE SCORPIO! FOR IT HAS

(I wish I could do editing and put the scorpio face on the hulk and PS4 face on loki for this but I think you get the picture)

Clicks on thread… then realizes my display is only 1080p, whats the point of a 4k stream?

You can still run a 4K stream with a 1080p display. It’s probably not gonna be smooth though, I don’t think you can see above 30FPS (varies from display to display) . It could also stutter here and there, but you still can run it.

Me leaping from one scrap of information to the next.

but you still wouldn’t see the 4k is my point

always leaping but never falling where you need to?

Precisely.

Reasons I bought my 4k tv earlier this year lol

I know it’s an uphill battle but I really wished people could spread how 4K is not a big deal and what you should be looking foward to are other aplications of the hardware the console will offer.

Buying it on a 1080p is not a bad idea
Also do not buy a 4k TV just because of 4K. You probably will see a great improvement due to how TVs are constantly improving in contrast, color range, time response etc but just don’t put those eggs on the 4K basket

Welp my 4k tv was cheaper than a lot of the 1080p tvs. And I would agree with you wholeheartedly, depending on the situation of the consumer.

If you use more than just your Xbox on your tv around half the time (cable, sat, etc…) or use a computer to watch YouTube videos and the like, then the upgrade definitely isn’t worth the cost, especially if your old tv is working fine.

The reason I switched comes down to, that I use my Xbox for about everything. Games, shows, internet, music, blah blah blah. I don’t watch TV/sat at all. And since my new 4k was under 400$, that means When Scorpio comes out (at the projected 500) I’ll have a setup capable of 4k, 60fps, on a 55 inch screen for under 900$.

Not for everyone, sure. But it’d be hard to get more use out of it than I would so I’m going for it. Once more unto the breach, dear friends. I shall see you from the other side.

I might have to make an office E3 thread since it starts in 8 hours

so this monster console only costs 499$, talk about wow

I wonder if it comes with the Elite controller

probably since its such a premium thing

Guess we should change Scorpio to Xbox One X in the title. I wish it was called Scorpio, that name sounds beast.

https://i.redd.it/lq1ajwgoz23z.png

List of games that run at 4K on Xbox One X

Anthem
Ashen
Ark: Survival Evolved
The Artful Escape
Assassin’s Creed Origins
Astroneer
Battlerite
Black Desert
Brawlout
Chess Ultra