Update: This is what Xbox games look like on 'Project Scorpio,' on 4K and 1080p displays

Saw this on another forum about Forza 6 running on the Scorpio

• 4K Native
  • 60 FPS Locked
  • Ultra PC Settings
  • 16x AF
  • Max Cars on track
  • 40%-30% extra GPU power left

That really looks like fucking gold.

I could only imagine what Evolve could look like on the system

Xbox site is updated:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/project-scorpio

[quote]Scorpio Engine

With 6 Teraflops, 326GB/s of Memory Bandwidth and advanced, custom silicon, the Scorpio Engine is the most powerful console gaming processor ever created.

Vapor Chamber

A first for home consoles, Project Scorpio’s Vapor Chamber uses advanced liquid cooling to ensure the Scorpio Engine stays cool

Centrifugal Fan

A supercharger-style Centrifugal Fan rapidly pulls in and compresses air to deliver maximum cooling with minimum noise.

Hovis Method

To maximize performance and minimize power consumption, Project Scorpio uses the Hovis Method, a cutting edge digital power delivery system that custom tunes each console’s voltage.[/quote]

[quote]"The bottom line is that Scorpio’s six teraflops will almost certainly go a lot further than an equivalent PC part. I asked Microsoft about this specifically, and they raise a number of good arguments that make the case strongly. Firstly, that their shader compiler is far more efficient than PC equivalents (think of shaders as native GPU code). Secondly, addressing the hardware directly via their API and with access to console-specific GPU extensions again adds to the advantage of a fixed platform box. And finally, they point to their optimisation software - PIX (Performance Investigator for Xbox) - as a tool that provides the path to console-specific optimisations that PC simply cannot get.

From what I’ve seen so far, there is some evidence that Scorpio’s true 4K performance could pose a challenge to the likes of Nvidia’s GTX 1070 and AMD’s Fury X-class hardware. I’ve seen Microsoft’s new console running a Forza Motorsport 6-level experience locked to 4K60 on the equivalent to PC’s ultra settings - cranking up the quality presets to obscene levels was one of the first things developer Turn 10 did when confronted with the sheer amount of headroom it had left after a straight Xbox One port. Out of interest, we tested Forza 6 Apex with similar settings at 4K on GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080. Frames were dropped on GTX 1060 (and a lot of them when wet weather conditions kicked in), while GTX 1070 held firm with only the most intense wet weather conditions causing performance dips. Only GTX 1080 held completely solid in all test cases."[/quote]

I might need to ditch my x360 and xbone for dat.

What do you guys think the MSRP will end up being? I’m expecting $800-1,000. Anything higher than that and a PC will be a better deal. Anything lower and Microsoft will end up losing money. You can’t price a console that does native 4K at $500-600. Maybe $700.

I would say $500 or $449

[quote]"In Digital Foundry’s opinion and spec analysis of Project Scorpio, the suggestion is that, if the software - by which we mean games - are optimised well enough, “there is some evidence that Scorpio’s true 4K performance could pose a challenge to the likes of Nvidia’s GTX 1070 and AMD’s Fury X-class hardware”

"Over in the deepdive on Scorpio tech, Digital Foundry detailed what they were shown of a special Forza Motorsport demo running in native 4K at 60fps - with power to spare. “Clearly this is just one game, but the point is that Scorpio doesn’t just scale Xbox One engines to 4K. For the Forza engine at least, there’s overhead, and plenty of it.”[/quote]

Thoughts about the price range? :moneybag:

Analysts are pricing it at about $700

Just picked up my 4k tv. It’s a 55inch for under 400$.

Now all I have to do is save for the console, which I have probably at least 7 months to do.

$800-$1,000. Maybe $700.

Xbox One games will load faster on the Scorpio and the vapor chamber is only found in high end graphics cards

https://majornelson.com/podcast/596-project-scorpio-update-with-albert-penello/

[quote=“SQUARENecron, post:53, topic:108876”]
Just picked up my 4k tv. It’s a 55inch for under 400$.
[/quote]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q-caImkViE

http://www.windowscentral.com/project-scorpio-supersampling-for-1080p-tvs

I only dare, with the wife’s permision lol.