Update 2.11 Discussion Thread!

Of the things you guys want to surprise us with, changes to the economy is the least favorite. Refactor, rework, new skins, new characters, adaptations, maps, variants i understand. Those are all really cool.

Economy changes that are surprises, those tend to garner more salt than anything.

Just adding my voice to the crowd. (:

He gets kind of wrecked at high level play. Not a huge surprise considering how much damage good hunters can put out and he’s generally a target you can’t miss. As others stated on the forum before, in many ways Goliath feels more “tanky” due to his ability to at least partially dodge some damage while maintaining respectable health and armor pools.

1 Like

@Insane_521 @LordDeath @GentlemanSquirl IDK why, but I tag you guys when I have a balance question.

Why the nerf to the claw perks? Why is Grounder’s DOT so low? Why is Sunny still OP broken?

For the claws, I would’ve done this:
Mutated Claw: 10/15/20
Evolved Claw: 20/25/30
They didn’t need the last two nerfs they got.

For Grounder’s DOT, I would’ve done 10.5/12.5/15.5. Also what is the jump height reduction? Is it 30% or 70%?

4 Likes

No, just NO! They’ll be insects soon! Behemoth maybe, even I can’t loose with him!

Exactly? Poor monsters can’t have anything!!!

3 Likes

Props to the UI team!
I think it’s much easier to navigate and I like being able to see the badges I don’t have unlocked yet.

My only suggestion would be to be able to click on each badge to view how to unlock it. Add this so I don’t feel I need to make my own guide lol

10 Likes

I got it yesterday, again but 30000 extra Keys didn’t add to my money haul :wink:

This is exactly what slim needed! more hunters need new mechanics like these because if turtle rock studios are planning on adding new characters its only as matter of time before they start getting too similar to each other! keep up the good work guys :smile:

Are people seriously complaining about in-game currency in a F2P game? They’ve been practically vomiting keys for the past months. I have most hunters, I’m only missing one or two in each class, and it hasn’t been really hard or “grindy” at all. In fact, I really welcome this change. I felt bad for the devs since people were unlocking everything so fast that they would have nothing to make money off once the game went out of beta.

They’re letting you play a freaking amazing game for free and you complain about your hard earned virtual money? Let me offer a little example. Hearthstone gives you 10 gold for 3 wins. You’d need to rack up 30 wins (300 minutes or so, five hours considering you win EVERY match) to earn 100 gold (which is what card packs are worth) to buy a pack that includes 5 cards. Five. Most of which you’ll most likely already have.

Sure, you can do the daily challeges, but they are worth like 60 gold at most (there are 80 and 100 gold challenges but they are rarer) and most of them require you to win your matches with classes you don’t even play. So you can buy one or two packs at most every day. Nobody’s complaining about that, right? Now you’ll only have to play for a week before unlocking a new character instead of two days. If you only earn 1k keys per day you’re doing it wrong. I get about 5k after playing for one or two hours.

Anyway…

Great patch guys!

5 Likes

Just looked at all the new prices…holy **** I’m never going to be able to afford anything as one of the new F2P Evolve Stage 2 kids…

1 Like

@Insane_521

I feel, and I see it a lot in the comments, that we are missing the usual “dev insight” you guys always provide when you give us an update.

I’m not sure whether this was intentional, because I know everyone is hard at work. It’s just something I think a lot of us would appreciate and understand more the changes that have happened with the last update.

1 Like

I didn’t even notice the changes to armor channeling. That makes me pretty happy since I always thought DoT preventing channeling was a little silly. :slight_smile:

I didn’t have time to sit down and do it last week, had some other TRS duties thrown my way so that had to go on the back burner.

Now that things aren’t as crazy I’ll be sure to add them into the next notes :slight_smile:

6 Likes

[quote=“Insane_521, post:94, topic:103257”]We’ve added a new Badge editor to the profile system.
[/quote]

Yet nothing to unlock colors…

1 Like

I need and image of the Silver Key Goliad

@mizx posted a gif here:

:silverkey: Rare Badge Pictures (In case you wanna see locked badges that are currently inaccessable)

It’s beautiful, I already made my nice and purple :purple_heart:

3 Likes

THATS AMAZING!!! Gotta save up my keys though :sob:

Hunters not able to use use class ability while being pounced, bug or nerf?

I finally have a reason to level up kala and it’s for that valkyrie skin o.o

The rest of your post, i’m in agreement with. Evolve has been extremely generous with it’s keys. However, the difference between you and I is that you’ve been spending your keys more frequently, so the change doesn’t have a large immediate impact.
I have 90k+ silver keys… which 24 hours ago would have got me a lot. Now I’ve got the equivalent of 23k. The complaint is we weren’t informed, and have been unintentionally punished for holding onto our keys.

It’s a complaint about the communication of the changes, rather than the changes themselves. No developer should be punishing their playerbase for not spending their virtual currency, but they also have every right to change prices around. The solution is simply to give your players some notice about upcoming changes to the economy.
I accept this hasn’t happened on this occasion. but I’d like a response on whether they will communicate better should they make other drastic changes in the future.