Hey everyone. I know that there are still lots of questions regarding mechanics in the game that haven’t been determined/answered. There are rumblings about people that may be getting the ability to play a press copy before release and I figure I would like to start a thread about those questions people want answered. For instance:
- What happens when the AI doesn’t have Maggie and the monster leaves no footprints.
- Do the AI automatically see you if you are hiding in a bush?
- Can bucket ping or tag a sneaking monster yet? (UAV)
- Does throwing a rock (as goliath) onto a group of birds alert them or kill them?
- I’ve heard someone mentioning rock throw killed a group of birds and didn’t alert the hunters, does this always work or do you need to kill all of the birds in one blow or something?
- I wonder, do you move slower while walking backwards?
- In Nest/Defend, will the Lazarus Device work on Minions? If it does, how would this affect the Minion respawn timer? (not sure how desirable this would be, but it seems an interesting edge case)
- When sneak is turned on, what actions will leave footprints either by deactivating sneak entirely or leaving a single print before resuming the sneak? i.e. if you leap and land, or climb, or sneak attack…
- Assuming LoS, what is the attack range on Bucket’s turrets? Similarly, how much can they aim up and down when firing?
- Decay rate for good. Per bar?
Please post with many questions. I will pass these questions out to the community and see how many we can get answered before release. I will post answers as they come along.
- Smell Range is ~70m without any perks.
- If you throw a dome and do not move, you are roughly 60m from the edge. This means if a monster is pinning your friend/you are stealthed, you can get a monster that is ~55m away from you assuming they don’t move. You can use this to your advantage in helping you determine when to throw the dome.