Unanswered gameplay mechanics questions

Hey everyone. I know that there are still lots of questions regarding mechanics in the game that haven’t been determined/answered. There are rumblings about people that may be getting the ability to play a press copy before release and I figure I would like to start a thread about those questions people want answered. For instance:

• What happens when the AI doesn’t have Maggie and the monster leaves no footprints.
  • Do the AI automatically see you if you are hiding in a bush?
  • Can bucket ping or tag a sneaking monster yet? (UAV)
  • Does throwing a rock (as goliath) onto a group of birds alert them or kill them?
  • I’ve heard someone mentioning rock throw killed a group of birds and didn’t alert the hunters, does this always work or do you need to kill all of the birds in one blow or something?
  • I wonder, do you move slower while walking backwards?
  • In Nest/Defend, will the Lazarus Device work on Minions? If it does, how would this affect the Minion respawn timer? (not sure how desirable this would be, but it seems an interesting edge case)
  • When sneak is turned on, what actions will leave footprints either by deactivating sneak entirely or leaving a single print before resuming the sneak? i.e. if you leap and land, or climb, or sneak attack…
  • Assuming LoS, what is the attack range on Bucket’s turrets? Similarly, how much can they aim up and down when firing?
  • Decay rate for good. Per bar?

Please post with many questions. I will pass these questions out to the community and see how many we can get answered before release. I will post answers as they come along.

• Smell Range is ~70m without any perks.

• If you throw a dome and do not move, you are roughly 60m from the edge. This means if a monster is pinning your friend/you are stealthed, you can get a monster that is ~55m away from you assuming they don’t move. You can use this to your advantage in helping you determine when to throw the dome.

Any other twitch streamers going to be streaming evolve?
Any other twitch streamers going to be streaming evolve?

Reserved for answers.

Reserved for answers. different body

Insanely important. Been wanting to know since the first Alpha D:

I’ll be sure to test this out as SOON as I can. WINK WINK MADD, WINK WINK.

I though the smell distance was 60m

Yeah, I’m pretty sure smell range was 60m. Macman said that the 3-star smell perk gives 75% more smell range, bringing you up to 105m (60*1.75=105), and that it’s no coincidence that level 3 abduct has a 104m range.

We tested in the Beta that it was 70m. I’ll be sure to show some of the videos where we extensively tested out Wraith. That being said, not everything in the Beta is there for release. reason it makes sense to be 70m is so that you can avoid being 'insta domed as it’s 60m to throw the dome to the edge.

Can bucket ping or tag a sneaking monster yet? (UAV)

Hmm, perhaps. Macman may have been talking about a post-beta build. Or I suppose he could actually just be wrong… Maybe… His post about it comes from just 4 days ago.

Can Bucket shoot a Megamouth while grabbed?
I swear I’ve seen it before but couldn’t test it out in the beta.
Played too much Griffen .

Actually, there is weird animation. I’ve had a Markov assault rifle ‘de pounce’ me as Goliath by spamming the click/attack button. This was after a few swipes, so not the usual Sneak Attack fail at the start. I know that I’ve had others do the same thing with plants and megamouths. I don’t think one has done it to a Tyrant, either because the animation is hard to get just right with a click and/or you die too fast to try enough.

They said that not being able to tag them was a bug and it’s gonna be fixed ASAP. I don’t think you’re going to be able to ping it, though, and I think that’s by design. Sort of makes the whole tracking thing seem less useful if you can just chase it, pinging. Gotta work to track it.

Also, pinging it just meant you had a LONGER time to follow it. Just keep pinging and THEN when the battery is low tag it. Too much time on the beast.

Ok, I gotcha. Glad they have fixed it.

Does throwing a rock (as goliath) onto a group of birds alert them or kill them?
I’ve heard someone mentioning rock throw killed a group of birds and didn’t alert the hunters, does this always work or do you need to kill all of the birds in one blow or something?

I know you can swat individual birds out of the air, but I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to not have the bird scaring event go off.

Also, sorry, but I gotta say this - Throwing a rock onto a flock of birds as Goliath, eh? As opposed to throwing a rock at them as Kraken?

Possibly. However, the max range of abduct when it’s ranked at stage 3 is 114m. Having the smell be at 60m and therefore 105 means you still couldn’t see max range. Having 70m means it will be 122 and some change. I think that would make more sense. However, we can try and check it again.

I wonder, do you move slower while walking backwards?
Since when I run for my life, I usually don’t look back and is unable to dodge anything that doesn’t have an audio cue. Natural Selection 2 really punish you for hitting that “S” key, so now I’m stuck with a bad habbit!

I’m almost 100% sure as monster you do, fairly sure for hunters, but we can double check.

I want to know that, too. I also played NS2 :>