Turtle... Rock


I often wonder if having the moss on them like that feels weird? Like is it burrowed into the skin or just clinging to it on the top somehow?


I like it because it shows extreme age and moving slowly enough to have algae grow


It’s cool and all but is it uncomfortable?


Well nothing really, generally speaking it is not harmful to your turtle . Algae growing on a turtle shell is normal. … Sometimes algae will grow under partially shed scutes, which could cause water to accumulate and a local shell problem like shell rot may develop. This is rare.