Turtle Rock Studios Joins the 8-Bit Salute

This weekend, we, Turtle Rock Studios, will arm ourselves to the teeth with video games, board games, energy drinks, and onesies in an effort to reach our goal of $10,000 for Operation Supply Drop’s 4th Annual 8-Bit Salute gaming marathon!

As of the crafting of this blog, our TRS team has proudly raised 25% of our goal — But we’re not there yet! Supporting our troops with games is the very least we can do for everything they’ve done for us and our country. Not to mention, we have a handful of veterans working at Turtle Rock as well. We’re prepared to bring our all to get behind this fantastic cause.

Join us for 24 hours of gaming fun as we do (almost) whatever it takes to complete our goal. We’ll bring the giveaways, you bring the dough. Even better, at each milestone, we’re prepared do something completely zany to get you to fish out your dollars in support of Operation Supply Drop!

We have a ton of stuff for prizes, including Corsair Sabre gaming mice, Corsair K70 RGB keyboards, Razer DeathAdder Chroma gaming mice, signed Art of Evolve books, posters, t-shirts and more. The top donator will also receive something special from the team (I wonder what it could be?).

Turtle Rock’s passion for games reaches far and wide, so we’ll fill the hours with every kind of game you can imagine. We have a digital and physical game library brimming with fun stuff for you to watch.

What’s that you say? How can you participate in helping us reach our goal? You can join us on our livestream right here starting at 10am PDT on May 16th! We’ll keep the party going through Sunday, 10am PDT May 17th, but we can’t do it alone. Bring your snacks, bring your jammies, and bring your friends. We need you!

Head over to our Twitch page and smash that ‘Follow’ button to get a notification when we go live! If you want to get a jump start on your donation, our team page is here. We’ll see you this Saturday.

Supporters:

My wallet is ready! :bucket_salute:

I should organize my herd to come over and give the channel some ‘Cow Droppings’ (Name pending) during my playing sessions. As a fellow 24 hour streamer I know that support from the chat makes a HUGE difference :slight_smile:

name REALLY pending…

Maybe Battle Cattle Herd? MaddCow’s Funny Farm? I dunno…

How about MaddCows Herd?

The Madd Cattle

Eh… I’ll discuss it with the stream tonight :slight_smile:

Oh I forgot about the stream. I’ll be there!

How about Cow Pies? Or Cow Patties?

This got off topic fast…

I’ll probably jump into the stream from time to time, I might even donate :smile:

From what I understand, Operation Supply Drop support NATO troops as well, yeah?
I don’t think I’ll be able to watch the entire stream, considering that I’m busy during [May 17th][1], but I’ll donate if I get my paycheck in time.

@DamJess
So you got a couple of veterans on the TRS team?
I’d love to hear their stories about how and why they moved from the military to game development!
[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Constitution_Day

What is “our” country and “our” troops in the evolve community?

it would be easy to start a big post here but i think i’ll not do it… just remember, there are players all over the world. not just in the us of a and not just in the “west-world”. and “your troops” not just bring peace to the world

Well, TRS is an American company.

It seemed by “our” that she was referring to the studio itself.

Yep! US troops and our allies.

I can’t help but think about that Goliath being a new American themed skin. :stuck_out_tongue:
Also I’ll be there if I can. Can’t give money, but I’ll be there for support.

They are doing a makeover on Jason Tong right now. xD

The guys have just hit $7k, this means eating competition on stream is imminent. http://www.twitch.tv/turtlerockstudios

The reality we’re facing now is that we have 2ish hours to raise another $3k to see @SlabOMeat Pie’d…

Best quote of the live stream just spoken in counter strike…“NELSON!!!” :stuck_out_tongue: