TU09 New Class Abilities: GrizzleMarine and TRS INFO DROP!

Hey Everyone!

So today we’re giving a bit more detail on the new Hunter class abilities coming your way in TU09! You can check out the video Grizzle kindly put together for us here:

So you’re maybe wondering why all this change, and why now? Well, these changes were something we’ve talked about since around November of last year. We wanted to start addressing issues we ran into with the gameplay in Evolve, and making these class ability transitions were part of our solution (the rest comes along with TU09). But we’re excited to hear your feedback on what we have so far (note it is in development, so anything can change).

Detailed Breakdown (With some dev insight)

Trapper Class Ability

• This is a big one for us. Many of you know that on release many people had the complaint about the game being a running simulator, and that many players lacked a feeling of direction or where they should actually go in the vast expansive maps of Shear. So adding this new ability to the game was a must for us with the direction we’re taking the game for TU09. Basically the trapper activates the ability, and the Monsters general location will be displayed on the compass for ALL Hunters. It also grants the Trapper some super speed for a brief period to help keep the Trapper ahead of the pack to keep tracking that damn Monster. We’ve spent a lot of time tuning this ability over the past 8~ Months, but right now it’s feeling great. Speaking for myself and Guidance as Monster players, we still feel like we have options despite it appearing that this kills any sneaking or smart map movements a Monster can do.

Assault Class Ability

• This one came after the Support changes, but it ended up solving an issue we found with newer players quite often. Basically, there was no easy way for us to communicate that “Hey when that shield is up please don’t focus the Big Electrical Russian man with a shield around him”. So in turning it into an ability that grants 75% DR for 10 seconds, it’s clear to a player “Hey this guy is super tanky when this White Hex effect is around him, I should focus someone else”. Also we wanted to keep shields exclusive to the Support class, so if you ever see a shield used in TU09, you know who it is coming from.

Support Class Ability

• Our goal here was to eliminate the toxicity that having a cloak would bring into the game during fights. We wanted to replace the ability with something that all supports could use to protect their team, and actually Support them. This right now functions as a simple active and a burst of shield energy will be applied to the Support and the Hunter team in 30m radius. Much like the heal burst has become unique to Medics, we’re investigating making each of the Supports have a unique style of shielding.

So thanks for reading through all of this crazy stuff we’re going to be throwing your way in TU09. I know it is a lot to take in right now, but trust me everything will make sense once we’re able to reveal the whole picture of TU09.

Happy Hunting,
-Cory

IS any one still playing this game ? ( no joke )
Renaming the Trapper Class with TU09?
Trapper's Reaction to Ability Changes
New Class Abilities [GrizzleMarine]
Let's start this one off with a tease, shall we? - The Shared Dome
New Class Abilities [GrizzleMarine]
Any new changes?
Title Update 9 : Everything we know - Expected Summer 2016
Huge Summer Update?

Just WOW.
Im so effin STOKED!!!
I wish this cld happen sooner, im so ready to relearn and re-experience the REASON i got an Xbox one.

Same post!!! Lmao :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

WHAAAAAAT?!

Going to sneak away from my desk and go watch this!

Just on YouTube at the right time and place :wink:

OMG!!

Clicks

Just WOW.
Im so effin STOKED!!!
I wish this cld happen sooner, im so ready to relearn and re-experience the REASON i got an Xbox one.

Has flame thrower animation changed?

On the video the assault flame thrower is clear for the first half length??

On my screen it obscures the target a lot more I am pretty sure.

That would be nice.

More domes=more fights=FUN :heart:

That video footage is from TU08, but in TU09 we do have a new Visual Effect for the flamethrower.

Hate this guys videos… Epic changes doe :smiley:

Is this an Emet quote I haven’t heard yet or…

I like his accent. It’s dreamy! :heart_eyes:

I’m confused, does this mean the Personal Shield, Dome, and Cloak are gonna be gone after TU9 and replaced with these new things?

Correctomundo!

I use him for his music :stuck_out_tongue:

Waiting for that not Pink Hyde video, @GrizzleMarine

Bahahhahahha! Basically inside banter we were having. xD

Hyde will be very very pink.

Well now I feel dumb and disappointed. :frowning: