Tomb Raider Reboot Casts Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft

Tomb Raider will be directed by Roar Uthaug. According to the Norwegian director, the film reboot will draw inspiration from Square Enix’s new games and feature a relatable Lara Croft that feels “like a real human being.”

I am not familiar with with Vikander works, but I do prefer her over Ridley.

I would have preferred the voice of Lara herself, Camilla Luddington.

Interesting pick.

Fantastic choice.

Ridley’s fine, but I think she’s probably now too connected to the Star Wars franchise in the minds of the average viewer. It could work for the film financially (though I don’t think a Tomb Raider flick, based on the recent revival, will need a boost), but I think Alicia will bring a lot more depth to the table for the character.

Let’s just hope the movie is better than the previous ones.

Then again, it’s not that hard to be better

Omg Alicia is Swedish and she’s seriously one of the best female actors ever out there. This will be so interesting!

I heard she’s got an Oscar and had raved praises for her performance in The Danish Girl. I also liked her from The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

So if given a proper script and direction, I think she could slay the role. I love Lara so much. :heart:

I was really looking forward to Ridley… I told so many people that she should be the new Lara after seeing Star Wars.