Updated so this isn’t Outdated.
Okay, so I think I should update my thoughts because after playing the patch more I have found some of my statements aren’t right. Sorry if I offended anyone with my previous sentiments, they came from playing as a monster and I hadn’t played as the hunters much at that point.
@Celery I suppose you had every right to stop reading, because I was stupid about Torvald. He is actually fairly OP compared to the other assaults, dealing almost 6 times as much damage as they do on a match of the same length. His shrapnel grenade has no reload and I think that is a problem, his auto fire shotgun has virtually no reload time, and the mortars… wow. I got the mammoth bird perk and I had 3 mortars every second. So, in summary, I would:
- Add a 1.5 second reload onto Shrapnel Grenade
- Increase shotgun reload by 5%
- Increase mortar reload time to 6 seconds for all mortars, possibly reduce damage.
The most balanced of the new hunters, I only have one glaring problem with Sunny that I did not realize. It makes domes waaay to easy. Not sure how to change this, however.
- Alter the way it works as so that Arenas cannot be obtained as easily.
Before this more indepth analysis, I stated Crow was only slightly too powerful. After playing with one on the team as a hunter I can tell you he is absolutely ludicrous. The bird doesn’t last particularly long but can be spammed, the stasis charged shot lasts a while and can be spammed, the health taking rifle takes way too much health and basically means if a monster has under 3 bars of health at stage 3 and Crow has no strikes he’s screwed. Here is what I would do.
- Gobi cannot find a monster that is not moving, whether it is eating or hidden in a bush.
- Statis Gun high charge takes an addition .5-1 second time to charge, has a 1 second less slow time on monster.
- Armor-Piercing Rifle has a 15% increased charge time for health shot and 5-10% less health damage.
In game, people like to talk about their views on characters. If people are arguing if Caira is even viable when the new medic exists, you know something is up. Slim is just evil, but I have found the source of his problem. The heal bursts every 2 seconds is a pain, but it’s the spore launcher that sucks the most. If it’s a dark map or their is a bush he can hide in you literally can’t kill him. In addition, it’s nearly impossible to kill him when he is shielded or cloaked. So here is what I would change.
- Heal Burst has a slightly shorter width but a higher height. It appears if you are jet-packing over him you are ignored.
- Spore Launcher has a smaller radius, a longer reload time (it can be spammed endlessly), or there is some way to counter it.
Not much has changed, we’ve been steam rolling them unless they have the sloth perk. Even if they give it more survivability, the moves are inherently weird. Here’s what I would change.
- Lava Bomb is practically useless against a coordinated team because it takes way too long to activate and is easy to dodge. I recommend giving it a faster cast time, perhaps at the cost of leaving his organs still vulnerable for a bit longer.
- Rock Wall is awesome, but it never works. If it is too close, too near an animal, or a wall, or a tree, or daisy, or an object, or a mine, or turret, ect. Fix all that and i’m sure it will be popular.
- Tounge Grab is awesome. @MacMan, would it be possible to give abduction the same ‘you are selecting this target’ feature? I love it, it makes aiming it a thousand times easier and if Wraith could utilize it i’m sure people would actually put more than one point in abduction. As for behemoth’s move, I feel it needs to stun hunters when they get to you or do more damage, because unless you follow up with a rock wall they just jetpack away.
- Fissure needs a longer width, it’s one of the easiest moves to dodge in the game. That is all.
- The rolling heavy attack thing is too strong. That is all.
What’s that you say? Kraken? The monster I adamantly defend and occasionally ask for buffs? Why is he here? Because he is broken. The latest patch somehow made him at just as fast as standard when using aftershock and lightning bolts and something just seems off about him. I might dare say that his overall movement speed was increased. I know I have asked for this in the past, but even as an avid Kraken player this feels wrong.