Tier´s and why it is wrong for Evolve

[quote=http://www.ssbwiki.com/tier_list]In gaming, a tier list is a list that ranks all characters based on the strength of their fighting abilities and their potential to win matches under tournament conditions, assuming equal skill on the part of each player. A tier list is decided based on the analysis of the following:

• The metagame and the effectiveness of the characters’ strategies
  • Each character’s moveset and statistics
  • Each character’s matchup spread
  • Each character’s tournament results

Tier lists are commonly made for fighting games that are played on the high competitive level, such as Mortal Kombat 9. Some games that aren’t fighting games, but have large character sets, such as the Pokémon series, can also have their own tier lists.[/quote]

Please stop to use Tier1, 2, 3, 4 for Hunter´s and Monster. What you want to say is (for example) “Set of Hunters”. But not a Tier. Tier´s are usefull on 1on1 matches, but not on asymetrical teamgames.
It confuses people, and it will always confuse people.

The term “Tier” is wrong and it makes almost no sense.

Stop calling t4 hunters OP

We should call them…uh…ideas?

but it lets us know what we are talking about oO

squads! :smile:

This isn’t a fighting game, so calling them what they were called by the developers isn’t wrong. Yes Tier means some sort of labeling system meaning this character is better than other characters in some aspect.

But in all honestly, nobody calls Makrov, Maggie, Hank, and Val in a set by “tier 1” anymore. People stating “Tier 4” is just stating in the whole to make conversation easier, it is just a fad that will go away…until new hunters and a monster come out that is call “Tier 5” cycle never ends.

Oh well.

The developers call them “tiers” and it’s their game sooooooooo…

Actually most of the devs reffer to them as Team A,B,C and D

…I was literally three seconds away from typing that but I thought it sounded dumb. Are you…are you spying on me or something? :stuck_out_tongue:

ALWAYS

Notice me senpai! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

…Uh…Hello, is this the police?

:wink:

Work buddies?

Don’t worry I already called them :smile:

(In all seriousness we both thought of it because we are both awesome )

Put the knife down, kid. It’s more of a danger to you than to me. :sunglasses:

And you know what they say. Great minds…

Agreed. Tier name should be changed to something else to not confuse power of those characters.

Your right I should have put down the knife :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think that the “tiers” should be called units or squads that would make much more sense and would be kinda theoretically accurate!

this is indeed something that has been irking me and was cause of a lot of confusion for newer players

maybe simply calling them squads would be nice to not imply any power differnces

Aapart from the release date they have nothing in common. They are basically sets or booster packs lol.

Folks tend to gravitate towards eay to say and remember terms, especially ones used in other games (WoW, anyone?)

I agree with your point, but I think why they are referred to as Tiers is because Team A/B/C/D wasn’t the first thing they were called (That caught on, obviously hehe)

Tier means animal in german. THAT is confusing ^^