Tier Four Hunters Revealed

How about slims scent masking launcher? How exactly will that work? Is it a launcher you shoot at you and nearby teammates and it. Covers their scent for a certain amount of time or how does it work?

Probably works like Caira’s grenades. They have an arc, a projectile speed and an aoe. The scent masking is probably a short to moderate duration, 10-30 seconds I imagine. The alternative I imagine, would be it works in a large area around the detonation and does not mask the scent of hunters who leave that area.

I think you’ve misinterpreted. Chris is talking about matchmaking. He doesn’t mention that you can choose hunters on your team for the bots in Solo that you don’t own. You can play against them, I believe, but not as them.

The only way you can test drive is Online with someone who owns the DLC, plays a hunter, and drops out.

I don’t know if you tried, but when you don’t have the other tiers unlocked, you can’t put the higher tiers as bots on your team in Solo.

2 Likes

This is what I mentioned above. You have to have them unlocked for you to put them on your team in Solo mode. You can play as them in Match Making, but not Solo.

If you could put them in your team in Solo mode, it would seriously hurt their sale values, as all you would be purchasing is their multi-player options.

I imagine it would fire like Caira’s grenade launcher, but create a lingering cloud like Hyde’s Toxic Grenade.

How that’s supposed to let you get in close is confusing. Unless it is a lingering effect and the affected hunters become invisible to smell detection and allow them to sneak up on a monster who doesn’t have visual line of sight to them.

Here is another direct quote from SlaboMeat himself.

I’ll even emphasis the point. (I don’t know why people doubt answers so much, especially from consistancy pov as well as use the search function :frowning: Getting tired of having to find answers for my answers to answer other people’s answers)

That’s all well and good…but our number one rule for DLC is never split the community. Never.
So we worked it out so that any DLC maps are free, any new game modes are free. Then, recognizing that not everyone wants to buy DLC, we made sure that even if you didn’t purchase any of the paid content, you could still play with people who did! So if I buy a new monster or hunter, and you don’t, we can still play together. You may not want to buy it, but your original purchase of the game will be enhanced by it anyway because you can still get into games with people who wanted to buy them. Hell, you can even set the DLC characters and monsters up as opponents in solo games.

1 Like

Not as members of your team. You can’t put the DLC characters as bots, then switch to them to play them.

well, actually, you can

2 Likes

So what I’m getting out of this is that sunnys shield drone is going to act more like a bubble Shield? Correct me if I’m wrong on this.

I think thats the healing bug.
Also, why does Crow look like he’s got stomach cramps?

Sunny s shield drone is a stationary object, it will not move, it starts with an empty battery (which will be filled over time) and has, according to macman, a range of 60m.
So you should place it on a high position in the centre of a dome. :smiley:

1 Like

So, why would anyone play hank anymore, if you have more reliable aoe shield that doesn’t need to be targeted, has no LoS issues and frees you to do other stuff at the same time?

Ahem, its single target, and according to a post they made earlier, it needs to be charged up before its used, which requires you to predict whos gonna get attacked.

So it starts shielding, when someone is hit? Well, that sounds not so good. Imagine having 2 strikes and lvl3 lighting strike hits you. It’s the first and the last hit and that shield is useless :I

You charge the drone up with shield juice most likely, then give him its target, and then that person gets the shield until it runs out, or it has some sort of timer, so you cannot just permanentely shield somebody.

Until game play footage comes out we can’t be for certain how it works

Yep, katherines right.

It clearly says as opponents, and that’s consistent with what I was saying too.

I’m sure that one of of the co-founders did say that you can play with them in solo.

1 Like

Just to clear something up… I’ve played alongside a Hyde as well as Parnell in a solo match as the medic… having neither unlocked at the time… not sure if it’ll allow hotswap to locked characters but I definitely did it… also not sure if it’ll allow this to happen with dlc characters, although I don’t see why not, since it’d just be solo play anyway

1 Like

Will work.

As stated for a dozen times in this thread alone