Okay so, I’ve been bingeplaying Evolve since last week without knowing any of its story. Yesterday I’ve read some lore, and ever since, my mind has been constantly thinking about theories. Here is my most perfected one.
So, we know the following for sure :
1.The Monsters are not man-made
2. Ajax was secretly transporting one of them without stated REAL reason (correct me if I’m wrong)
3. The Monsters and the Patterson Drive work by the same principles more or less. Basically the Monsters are organic Patterson Drives.
4. The eggs are used by the Monsters to bring Minions into fight, HOWEVER…
5. Once broken those eggs are empty besides from some goo or some sort of weird organic, lifeless thing.
6. The monsters came to Shear only because humans came too, as said by Matthew
7. Maggie saw the Behemoth on Factor, but also a Monster that produced other Monsters.
After thinking upon these facts I have come to the following conclusions, ideas.
1.The monsters were not Man-made, but they were experimented upon, which led to the creation/perfecting the Patterson Tech, but also, to the hatred of the Monsters, and their agressivity towards humans and P.Tech.
2. Maggie saw a Monster creating mondters, so the Eggs are not eggs. They are some kind of portals. Like Kalas, but more powerful. However, they are HNA-bound and can only be activated by the Monsters, through touching (or beating them to Hell with your fists if you are a monster, basically). BUT, thre P.Tech is interferring with them, that is why all the Nest Missions take place after the Generstors/Relays are down.
3. The Monsters are sentient, intelligent beings (as lead to believe from the Kala’s official story), so their behaviour is not instinctive. They do not kill and destroy because they do not understand what it is and how it works.
So basically, T.L/D.R., The Patterson Tech was created through manipulating HNA through experimentation on Monsters -> Monsters want revenge now, so they invade every colony that is inhabited by humans and uses Patterson Tech. They come through teleportation, Minions use “eggs” as portals, Monsters are just… there. (I guess that as triple stage Alpha you develop de ability to FTL travel but doing so, brings you back to vulnerability, aka shieldless stage 1, which would explain the intros to Hunt).
I know this still lacks a lot but I really feel I’m onto something. Let me know what you think.