The Soulsborne thread!

Thing is, it seems as if they took version 1.0 and remastered that. Reverse rolls are pretty much null in the current version of Dark Souls through various patches, yet they’re back now.

I’m still gonna get it, no doubt. But now, to name an example, ultra’s are even worse because they can’t deadangle to protect you from backstabs/parries anymore. So I’ll probably end up a filthy dex user >.>

ppsshh

I’m still gonna use ultras. Fuck the meta.

You’ll think differently after being backstabbed all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, I don’t get invaded that often cause I never stay at the “meta” level or popular PvP areas. And I’m probably getting it on Switch, so that thins the group even more.

Also, the meta rarely fucks me in DS3. I’m not that concerned tbh.

Imma bitch slap people with the lifehunt scythe once I get it.

Fuck yeah. Use cool shit. Fuck the meta, I wanna slam enemies into the ground with a big fuckin hammer. Or cleave them in half with a giant sword.

I red something truly funny today.

‘There was never a problem with Blighttown. It was the hardware you were playing on that was the issue’.

First I was like . . .

giphy

Then I became like . . .

giphy

And I ended up like . . .

I think he’s referring to the framedrop issue. And that’s kinda true: the old Dark Souls had constant framedrops, while it’s said the remastered version doesn’t dip.

Though the bigger issue is just the place in general. Gravity, toxic, all that crap. I never really had that much of an issue, but it’s definitely one of the less fun places in the game. Which fits it quite well lol

I actually played DS’s first PC version, it had dips but it was playable.

Then we entered Blighttown and the rate dropped like an anvil in free fall.

The GPU was a GTX 970. It came out 3 years after the game came out.

That is anime as fuck. I just hope it’s not Loot Management Simulator like Nioh is.

Looks like Bloodborne with crazier combat.

That horseman boss is wreaks of Ninja Gaiden and I love it.

Directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a third-person, action-adventure game with RPG elements. The single-player game puts players in the protagonist role of a hard-hearted warrior whose mission is to rescue his master, a young lord, and exact revenge on his arch nemesis. As “Sekiro,” or the “one-armed wolf,” players will discover the many ways to strategically approach combat and engage enemies.

“Collaborating with Activision on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice has been a very exciting experience for us,” said Hidetaka Miyazaki, president and game director at FromSoftware. “With Sekiro: Shadows Die Twicemany FromSoftware team members, including myself, are thrilled to be exploring themes of Sengoku Japan and ninja for the first time. We can’t wait for everyone to discover what’s in store for the game.” Fans of FromSoftware will find familiarity in the gritty gameplay found in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice where combat reigns supreme. Players will enjoy combining new features, such as vertical traversal, with visceral head-to-head battle to fulfill their destiny in a vast world filled with beautiful vistas, enormous castles, bizarre weaponry, and fearsome enemies.

“From Dark Souls to Bloodborne, FromSoftware has established a level of excellence that stands by itself in our industry, and we are incredibly honored to work with them in bringing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice to fans worldwide,” said Steve Young, Chief Revenue Officer at Activision. “Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice will not only add a new and exciting genre to Activision’s portfolio, but will also give players an experience that’s unlike any other FromSoftware game to date.”

As “Sekiro,” or the “one-armed wolf,”

Cheeky bugger, already putting a Dark Souls reference in with the game barely shown off :joy:

I’m going to be very upset if there’s no variation of the Moonlight Greatsword in this game.

That would be like Ricegum not flexing, like the OW community not being toxic, like EA finally making a game that isn’t milked to the brim…

And somehow, with Activision involved, I have the suspicion it could get overlooked.

Yeah, the fact Activision is publisher worries me a bit. I’m positive for now, but then again, I won’t be surprised if they screw something up

Only have 2 bosses left in Bloodborne. The Martyr and Gehrman. Martyr is a son of a bitch and Mr hanicapable is just a dick.

Gehrman is doable, but I’m having lotsa trouble with his 3rd phase. He just does so much damage.

Logarius counters both ranged and offensive damage. Hard to get behind him for a stun/visceral. Maybe I just suck, but still. He’s a real tough one. I dont know I’ve even seen his second phase fight yet.

Uuuggghhhh. And I also don’t have the black moon monster thing (totally the canon name) ending unlocked. But I do have 2/3 umbilical cords.

Really tempted to just go through the whole game and murder every living thing to find chalice dungeon materials and new stuff. And then grind to hell and back so I can just overpower the two bosses I have left with sheer force to make up for my apparent lack of skill otherwise.

Also need the DLC. Want that fuckin moonlight sword.

Real tip for Logarius (one of my all-time favourite bosses of Soulsborne), when he charges up for his second stage, backstab. This prevents him from being un-parryble in the second phase.

As for the fight itself, lure out melee attacks, and punish with a parry. When he plants his sword down, destroy that ASAP

I definitely see why. He’s metal as hell. I use the other arcane skull stuff. The big wheel and the Executioner’s glove. Real good, and they look badass.

Thank you

If that marks his second phase, then I’ve seen it. Learned that lesson real fast. The rain of magical swords(?) was not a fun time.