The little things

This is a thread for pet hates, silly little dilemmas and other trivial things that leave you irritated or confused.

I’ll start it off.

Whenever you stay over at a mate’s house and you’ve never been before and you need to go to the toilet in the middle of the night. So you get up, creep through the house trying to make as little noise as possible. You go to the toilet… and can’t choose between flushing and risk waking him up and being fucking disgusting and just leaving it there until morning…

I always end up flushing (and cringing until it settles down to an agitated rumble) and have never woken anyone up - to my knowledge - but every time I stand there for like 10 minutes trying to make my decision.

Bahahahahahahaha, every single time!

People who don’t use their turn indicators or use them AS they make the turn.

People who don’t do at least the speed limit in the left lane.

So many more, but I have a meeting to go to.

When strangers walk up to me in public and ask me to put some clothes on.

Gonna have to agree with the strangers on that one.

I hate that awkward moment when your driving with your mate, having a long conversation, and once it ends, you just sit there awkwardly in silence and look for signs that will spark a conversation haha.

Mia: Don’t you hate that?

Vincent: What?

Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it’s necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?

Vincent: I don’t know. That’s a good question.

Mia: That’s when you know you’ve found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.

Some of my pet peeves:

1. Food smacking - “Close your mouth, you animal!”

2. Rude people who talk/use their phone while in a movie theater

3. When I’m using the crosswalk, and there’s plenty of time for the car to make a right turn in front of me, but they wait until I’ve crossed and look frustrated.

4. Parents who don’t watch their kids at the zoo

5. People who can’t seem to take 15 seconds to pick up their dog’s crap in a public park

6. People who still seem to have trouble understanding how to go through TSA at the airport

7. Strangers on the Metro Light Rail who blast their (shitty) rap music

8. When people seal plastic bags without pressing out the excess air first

When we are at the table eating and everyone is on their phones BUT ME. Or when my Mom asks me a question then I answer and I have to wait a minute or more for me to say it again because she was on her phone

Monsters…

Are you referring to a certain gorilla who met his end (a tragedy nonetheless, and I agree with that statement).

Here’s one of my own:

When your friend brings you instant noodles he got from China for you to try (saying it is really good). I tell my wife and decide to try it on one of my off days when I’m hungry.
Then, one day, I come back from work and see an empty noodle wrap on the kitchen counter…Apparantly my wife got hungry.

So I asked my wife: How was it?

• Meh, was OK…

At least her hunger was satisfied. #itsthelittlethings

That’s like my sister, she literally makes little “grabby”/pinching motions with her hands when she’s looking at someone else’s food that she’s interested in. I always offer to share, but she declines saying she isn’t hungry.

Ten minutes later when I have only a few pieces of food on my plate (chicken nuggets, pizza rolls, etc), in swoops Krystle with her grabby hands to steal my last few pieces of food.

Oh I don’t mind sharing my food with my wife, although when it is something especially tasty, she looks at me with those beautiful eyes that makes it hard for me to say no to give her the last piece. (one of the things she loves about me, she says :slight_smile: )

I like talking to my cat now and then but goddamn it drives me crazy when he just won’t shut up Q_Q

People who say guess what and then actually expect you to guess. Like you have a f****** clue what they actually want to tell you

This makes it sound like you are going crazy

When employees in certain places (like gas stations or Walgreens) ask me for my license because of my “baby face” and when I show it to them they still don’t believe me, but either way they “go with it”, so they end up believing that I was using a fake ID -__-

Also, I HATE when people stare at me while I’m eating, this mostly happens with old and young people, it makes me feel so uncomfortable >_<

That last part, so true. Especially when you look back at old people, it’s like staring at the vast darkness of the abyss, terrifying.

I have the music so loud you can’t even humor the idea of conversations in my car.

Things that irritate me:

Scraping teeth on your fork

No use of blinkers

Not turning your headlights on at night (serious problem where I live, easily 1/4 cars at night don’t have their lights on when its dark)

People that tell me holistic medicine can cure my issues

People that tell me exercise will cure my wife’s asthma

People that think vaccines are bad for you

Pushy athiests

I’m sure I’ll think of more later.