If you haven’t done so already, pick a spot an odd 7k lightyears out, and use Road to Riches route planner. Should net you a crapload of data, and also fulfills the initial requirement for Palin.
Modular terminals you can get from passenger missions. I’m currently involved in an exodus, and they pop up very frequently. Bulk economy passenger missions are your best bet here, since they tend to be the shortest trips. Though you could combine it with the Rhea method and make large amounts of money alongside it. Also a great way to snag some Exquisite focus crystals and CIF.
I do suggest however, that you just rank Martuuk up to G5 using the ‘old’ method, by rolling these blueprints 3 times each (they are probably the easiest to gather materials for):
● Grade 1 - Increased Range (FSD);
● Grade 2 - Increased Range (FSD);
● Grade 3 - Shielded (FSD);
● Grade 4 - Shielded (FSD).
● Atypical Disrupted Wake Echoes x6 (High Energy FSD Wake Scanning);
● Chemical Processors x3 (Transport Ship Salvage, USS);
● Carbon x3 (Surface Prospecting);
● Shielding Sensors x3 (Combat Ship Salvage, USS);
● Zinc x3 (Surface Prospecting);
● Compound Shielding x3 (High Security/Boom/Retreat Combat Ship Salvage,
Encoded Emissions USS);
● High Density Composites x3 (Military/Authority Ship Salvage, USS);
● Vanadium x3 (Surface Prospecting).
And since you get 3 mats for 1 pickup, this means you only have to pick up one of all these things (and two ADWE’s), and you’re at G5!
If you prefer the exploration data method, don’t sell your data all at ones. Sell per system, so you don’t waste everything