'That Dragon, cancer', amongst other things

So i just finished playing ‘That dragon, cancer’, and just, wow. I’m left absolutely broken after that. I played it in one go (my buddy suggested that, from who I also was allowed to borrow his steam account to play the game), and it just drained me all the way through. I feel I need to get my mind set straight again, so I’ll just write something here. If this has any other place, feel free to move it to the correct location. Also, if you’re not to fancied of these kind of posts, please, just skip this. I just need to clear my mind, and if you have a problem with that, just leave me be.

Cancer is a terrible disease. I myself haven’t suffered from it, and neither have any of the people I known, and I am grateful for that. But i know that there are a lot of people of there who are suffering from it right now, or who know someone who is suffering from it. And I want to wish you the best of luck. I really hope you can be treated, and that you’ll be alright, for cancer is a awful disease to be suffering from, and I really hope the cure for it is found as soon as possible.

That is not to say other diseases are not equally as bad. I’ve been around the forums for a long time, and in that time, I’ve read a lot of stories of fellow forum-mites who are or were suffering from a whole range of different diseases, disorders, disabilities and similar stuff. I myself am also not the healthiest person out there, suffering from depression and anorexia nervosa, and it is a fight I’ve been fighting for as long as I can remember.

But I’m still here. And I guess I want to say is, if I can do it, so can you. The crap I’ve been through can’t be described merely by words, and even if it was, I wouldn’t even try to do so. But I made it so far. I’m not there yet, I still got a long way to go, but I’ll get there, and so will you. Whenever you’re suffering from a psychological disorder, a physical disease, anything abnormal, just know you’ll get there. For you need to have faith in a good outcome, otherwise, you will lose. That is one thing I can say for sure. You need to have a little faith, regardless of your religious background.

To everyone out there, suffering from something: Stay strong, you’ll make it. Don’t give up.

Sorry for the long post, I just had to get that out of my system. Hope you all have a good day, and stay strong.

Many of my family members have fought with cancer. Right now it is my “Dad’s turn” as he puts it. Thanks for the kind words!

I just watched Dear Zachary on Netflix the other day and it messed me all up. I know the feeling… :sweat:

That Dragon, Cancer was an amazingly heart-wrenching experience. The fact that it’s a real story gets me every time. If you liked the game, the parents and game devs are coming out with a documentary called “Thank you for Playing” in Spring, I believe.

My brother has been fighting cancer for over 2 years and after chemo it grew in another place. The doctors are not sure of they can cure it with more chemo. Cancer sucks man and that’s putting it lightly.