That announcer...and other things

I’m really not sure what to make of the direction Evolve is heading in.

The increasingly irritating announcer is probably about the last straw for me, unfortunately.

Sure, the dome announcer at launch was oooookay (I guess…though the option to turn it off would’ve been appreciated), but having her introduce characters and maps and slapping together scribbles for monster? For god sake … I’m not seriously correct in thinking that this and map variants are actually considered a solution for growing the player base?

I feel - you’re really going a little too far here, over-thinking and over-engineering everything. And yet, ironically, everything feels … a lot less clever.

Yes, yes, I realize there’s a slightly less arcade-y queue coming in the next update - but let’s call a spade a spade here - it pales in comparison to the depth and richness that Legacy Evolve had and will only serve to further fragment the player base (and that’s going to become more of a problem with numbers starting to drop off).

I used to play regularly with many players (who similarly have put over 1000 hours into the game) and they’re starting to bail, sadly, and at a growing pace.

You had something good - something absolutely amazing and fresh - with Legacy. Yes, it needed a slight re-think to attract new blood and the F2P model was an excellent move. But while I get that building the player base is obviously important, throwing the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to all the work you did on building the ambiance and atmosphere Legacy Evolve had seems to be a very precarious sacrifice to be taking.

I sadly never got the chance to play Legacy, and I have found to regret that after getting to know the games feel a little better. From what I have seen and heard, the Legacy was more focused on skill needed from both sides and felt more of a hunt than a hide and seek match waiting for someone to capture the monster. This personally sounds better than what they have currently set up and more engaging. Now I do like what it currently is and I am curious to see what they do next, however I would like to see something brought back that would be similar to what they previously had that sounded so unique and fun now that they have a good player base to pull it off.

It was. Jumping into every hunt with friends was exciting - matches would play out wildly differently. I appreciate TRS is in a tough situation here - in some ways it needed to be “dumbed down” for new players of course, but they’ve swung too far to the other side of the pendulum and are forgetting their strengths…it’s actually quite sad.

Don’t make the game for children. Make it more competitive. Screw the story and the coop. Fix the matchmaking.