Telemetry and Game Balance

Great job at keeping the game balanced from the looks of it. Had so much fun in the beta cant wait til release! Also I’m suprised at Hyde being so far behind Markov and Parnell. I guess I’ll just have to be one of the players to help boost his damage numbers after release :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can tell you from looking at the mastery data, that most Hyde players used their minigun instead of their flamethrower, which would account for his relatively low damage output.

Now that makes sense. I was suprised because I found that Hydes Poison and Flamthrower combo packed such a big punch, thats what made him my favorite assault.

There’s alot of discussion on monsters being OP on higher levels. Could you show us the telemetry on win % from level 15 and up?

Why is griffin so high? I guess new players aren’t trying to harpoon the monster enough.

Good question. Here are level 15 and higher games.

What we typically see is the wins teeter back and forth from Hunters to Monster and back to Hunters again as players learn, adapt and counter. We expect the balance to swing back towards the Hunters again once players start to max out their rank. When I bump to level 20 and higher, the number starts to dip again so you can already see the trend.

Analysis of the Infographic
TRS released some fun Beta info

With Item switch perk I was able to deal damage while my harpoon was reloading. I’m pretty good at getting headshots. The numbers feel right to me however I’m not sure how many other players were doing this.

It isn’t always ideal to be harpooning the monster either. Eventually they know you’ll do it so they’re ready or the terrain is not advantageous for a harpoon (or unnecessary). Often monsters would think they could get away after a dome goes down but that’s when I’d pull out the trusty poon and laugh as they leaped no where, several times!

With a dome up the trapper often becomes the target of the monster. A direct line between Griffin and a monster is exactly what a monster wants. In this case damage is also priority.

Just a couple thoughts from a competitive Griffin player’s perspective.

I do feel like Val should heal a little faster since it’s single target.

@MacMan: Is there anyway to compare “healing done” between Caira and Val? I’m sure Caira’s is higher due to the AoE but I’m curious as to how much more healing Caira does overall compared to Val over the course of a game.

Haha watch Laz have a higher healing number than Val with just his healing burst :stuck_out_tongue:

That too. Hence why I said might, not must. :wink:

You ever fight a Laz with the megamouth perk?

Healing bursts. Healing bursts everywhere.

http://officialvghc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ScreenHunter_240-Aug.-29-20.32.jpg

Haha I was that Laz with the Mega Mouth perk, only during Kraken matches though when it was far.

Woody must be a monster player imagining those heal burst…lol.

So I wasn’t the only one experiencing this?!

Honestly I would love to see this changed. It’s really exhausting and frustrating to use so much time and energy on keeping the body dead and gone for good, when Laz comes in and revives the body regardless of how much you have been bombing the body with attacks and abilities.

Probably because most people have the perception that a minigun is supposed to be powerful, instead of similar power to Markov’s assault rifle. So they would rather keep a safe distance and use the minigun. I’m guessing it does less damage per shot then the assault rifle, but has a longer shooting time.

Not me though. I tried to melt faces every chance I got :smile:

But if you do manage to rez them your family gets unlimited honour for the next few gens

I wouldn’t give so much power to buffs, if you really wanna keep buffs reduce them to a value where it just adds a slight edge but not much, right now some values seems ridiculously high.

Their positions can be learned and it can be taken off each other yes, but they kinda turn the game balance upside down imo, like 200% jetpack recharge or 35% damage for the monster is a pretty significant buff.

Well since I always get as much distance from them as possible they only trapped me once at stage 2 and I just ran around the dome lost my armor but I survived with a lot of health… the whole problem was the end… I kept killing them and support and laz kept hiding and I knew If I tryed to kill them The dropship would come back before they died so I went for the generator… but they didnt let me

Welp…

It would appear these numbers deny any possible buffing of the Kraken, so I shall switch my attentions elsewhere…

How will the Wraith be adjusted? Will any of the previous monsters be?

Will Abe be nerfed? I loved playing as him because of his abilities, but he was so OP that once I found him once we never lost the monster.

Behemoth will be just as viable as the other monsters as stage 3, right? It’s not going to be a ‘Well if you live to Stage 3, they have no chance’ wheras for the other three monsters it’s a pretty fair fight.