Tagging, Emotes, and "Other" bugs (mobile)

I used to be able to by touching the word, then being able to drag to the end of the line then when I wanted to actually quote the line I would push “Quote Reply” now I can’t. Did they change it or is it a bug?

I still can, but you need to play with it and move it a little to make it work. Also, you can’t put two separate quotes in one post on mobile sadly.

1 Like

I never could quote people on my tablet :open_mouth:

Before i got a new phone i couldn’t quote people, but have been able to since and haven’t noticed any difference.

I cant seem to tag people properly though. When i put an @ and start typing someones name, it doesn’t show any suggestions as to who I want to tag. I have had to start learning to spell peoples names in their entirety to tag people. Not really a big problem but it does get annoying sometimes.

Come to think of it, i have to do the same with smileys and stuff.

1 Like

Uhhmm… Now it works, OK yeah its probably my phone you can close this unless someone else needs this thread.

1 Like

This has happened to me before, what I do is write @, hit space and then return, most of the time it works.

I’ve tried that before and it doesn’t seem to work.

Why does my phone hate me?

2 Likes

Let me tag @discourse to see if he knows something :confused:

1 Like

I don’t think the tag worked. How ironic. :laughing:

1 Like

Oh yeah! That’s another forum bug on mobile, it doesn’t highlight the tags anymore, but on desktop it does.

1 Like

Ah ok. You learn something new every day. :smile:

1 Like

I changed the Topic so it would help you guys a bit more.
@Sentry_Gun and @Jedi_Warrior

2 Likes

Thanks man. :smile:

2 Likes

It is a big janky even on the iPhone, I will have a look at it and see if we can improve, whoever is having issues, what phone are you using?

3 Likes

Same thing is happening to me, Verizon LG G3.

1 Like

I have the Iphone 5S, also, thank you for helping :bucket_salute:

2 Likes

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Thanks for looking into this, I really appreciate it. :smile:

Android quoting should be working now… can you confirm, with regards to iPhone, its really hard, it works its just that the iPhone is so finicky with selection.

@sam I think it’s working for me. :monster:

Thanks for keeping us updated. :smile:

I seem to have found another bug to do with quoting people. When i highlight a post the ‘quote reply’ button pops up like so.

However, when i press off of the text to get rid of the highlighted text and ‘quote reply’ button only the highlighted text goes. The ‘quote reply’ button stays there until i press it or refresh the page like so.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Sorry to add another bug to the list but I thought I’d let you know. :smiley:

1 Like