So, as I posted in another thread, the running theme is that each assault matches in some way with a Monster.
Markov and Kraken : Lightning gun and lightning abilities. Each one also has mines.
Hyde and Goliath : Flamethrower and Flame Breath
Parnell and Wraith: Super Soldier and Supernova (self-enhancements at a cost)
Torvald and Behemoth : Mortars and Lava Bomb (artillery theme, with the robo-suit core matching the stomach “weakpoint” as a bonus)
Now that Lennox has been revealed and we know her abilities/theme, I think we can start brainstorming some possibilities for the T5 Monster. Since there is nothing frost or ice themed about Lennox, I’m going to say that the whole “the t5 monster is chilling” comment referred to its creepiness factor and not its element, so we may be able to rule that out. Let’s take a look at her abilities and how they might tie-in with the Monster, henceforth referred to as “Spooder” for simplicity’s sake.
- Plasma Lance. This could be the clue to Spooder’s element. I firmly believe Wraith’s element was something akin to “ghost” or “ether” and not plasma, so this element is still a viable choice. It could also hint at some kind of whip or lance-like ability of Spooder’s.
- Autocannon. This one seems pretty straightforward, like Markov’s Assault Rifle, and is not likely to have any tie-in to the theme or abilities of Spooder.
- Thunderstrike. I think the name of this ability is moreso tied into the name of Lennox’s mech (the “Thunder Child”) and doesn’t hint at lightning/thunder being tied into Spooder’s element. It may hint at some kind of leap-strike attack (perhaps from a ceiling/wall, given Spooder’s arachnid nature?)
- Personal Shield. Standard ability, nothing to see here.
- Special passive - “Stability” (not the official name AFAIK…). Lennox doesn’t get knocked around like the other Hunters do. Perhaps Spooder will also be more resistant to Hunter CC. Or perhaps she has extra CC type abilities of her own (web traps or some-such).
It is also interesting to note that the Thunder Child suit has one eye, which is very opposite of the typical image of the many-eyed spider. TRS could surprise us by giving an arachnoid a single eye. Or, it may be 3 horizontal slits like the robot eye has. I’m not sold on this but I thought I’d bring up the possibility regardless.
Picture shows Griffin talking about spiders with one giant eye. I may have been more correct than I thought!
That’s all I could come up with for now. Take a look at Lennox and post your thoughts and theories!