T5 Monster Gen 1 Basilisk Soldier Theory Flaws

If they had an army of T5 Monsters at their disposal, their biggest problem wouldn’t have been Hub, it would have been an army of mutating, evolving monstrocities that would have killed them all. The Basilisk nebula would have paired up with Hub to stop what they created.

That and Matthew, the guy who invented all of this, said that the Monsters are not man made.

Yeh seems pretty likely that it’s not of Basilisk origin. But I’m not going to believe everything a storyteller says to me :stuck_out_tongue:

If you are stating Lovecraft as inspiration for your monsters, Humans have nothing to do with them.

It’s also possible TRS has no defined origin for the monsters and the place they come from, and couldn’t care

1 Like

the monsters were engineered by the Umbrella corporation either that or the Game Makers did…

Maybe they’ll care when Evolve 2 comes around, lore and an actual story campaign seems to be something that a lot of people believe the game lacked.

The Lore for Evolve is fine. And the last thing evolve needs is a campaign.

I don’t think an “actual” campaign would really be anything more than Evac with cutscenes.

It’s based on hunting so it really couldn’t be anything more than game modes strung together and interspersed with a clip to link them.

Seems pointless. At least to me.

1 Like

I think you’re putting too much lore in the balance for what will finally be game mechanics. Nothing is known about the monster, much less where it matters, that is, mechanics.

Even if the monsters origins are not man made, there does seem to be some sort of connection between the 5th monster and basilisk soldiers. That one of the hunters claws looks almost identical to the 5th monster’s claws is no coincidence imo. I don’t think the VO that talks about 1st gen basilisk soldiers degenerating into beasts is just lore fluff. I think it will most likely come into play with this monster. It also has a disturbingly human shaped head. It is insectoid, and we know that insects were basilisk soldiers’ main splicing buddy. It’ll be interesting to see what the connection is, if any.

[quote=“DRevD, post:29, topic:63710, full:true”]
That one of the hunters claws looks almost identical to the 5th monster’s claws is no coincidence imo.[/quote]

Kraken has a beard of tenticles, so he’s Hank (or a member of ZZ top) spliced with a mammoth bird… it’s no coincidence

Goli has a bisected mandible, so he’s the lovechild of Predator and King Kong… it’s no coincidence

Bohemouth can roll into a ball, so he’s engineered by Slazenger… it’s no coincidence

Wraith has two scythe like apendages so she’s directly related to a 19th century wheat farmer… it’s no coincidence

/facetious post

1 Like

campaign will need to be a must for Evolve 2 if 2K wants TRS to bring the money in… :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

Having an actual campaign will be a big deal.

2k will bound and put everyone in TRS in chains until they finish a story mode!!! :gold cuffs:

I am very glad to hear that!

If we found out that the monsters are all just human creations it would feel lazy to me. It’s like at the end of a movie when you realize it was all just a dream… lame.

Reverse psychology doesn’t work on us anymore Matt… we know your game…

Well bullets could work when paired with armour piercing weapons?

This topic was automatically closed 29 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.