Supernova vs Quira Fields

Why does Quantum Caira get 6 visually disruptive fields when Wraith’s supernova had its visual effects removed for the very same reason?

Quira’s fields aren’t as bad above ground, while Wraith’s Supernova was a lightshow in its entire volume.

I respect your ability to make an argument of degree, however the reason why TRS removed the visual effects with Wraith was not because of its degree. They removed it because of how visually cluttering it is for your screen.

(Update 2.03 - New Dropship Features and Balance Updates - LIVE NOW):

As seen from above this was a clarity change. A change brought about to make game play more clear. Not a change because the lights were to bright and was, in some people’s opinions, hard to look at.

And it seems they don’t consider the fields as cluttering. Or perhaps if they were significantly less visible, they wouldn’t have been visible enough and that would result in losing clarity as well.

Supernova was clutter, Proton Fields are not. It’s basically just a slight red/green light and some rotating lines that are pretty thin. It’s not visually cluttering at all and since it was released after Supernova changes they clearly don’t see it as clutter either.

It’s called a clarity change, yes, but it was changed because some hunters were complaining that Supernova blinded them, which was very much possible in some maps like Distillery, since it was a huge field and hunters are smol.

Quaira’s fields, however, are pretty small, and the monster is huge. Hunters have a clear indicator of the zones and no one suffers.

This is only true in on open spaces, any types of close quarter areas her 6 fields mess your screen up. Take weather control as an example if you need one. [quote=“Mt_Everett, post:5, topic:99528”]
since it was released after Supernova changes they clearly don’t see it as clutter either.
[/quote]

They didn’t see supernova as clutter either until someone brought it up so I don’t think that point goes to answering my question in the original post.[quote=“Mt_Everett, post:5, topic:99528”]
It’s called a clarity change, yes, but it was changed because some hunters were complaining that Supernova blinded them
[/quote]

If the reasons for them looking at Supernova were from people complaining about supernova blinding them, and then they make a change that accommodates that complaint it doesn’t mean that the complaints are the reason for the change. The complaints are the reason why the Devs looked at Supernova, but that doesn’t mean they changed it because of those complaints.

As I stated earlier, they changed it for gameplay clarity. My bet, is because there were many moving particles on your screen at one time. Did the brightness play a factor in it? Yes, but I bet you they would have made the same changes had Supernova been the same “brightness” as Quira fields. Why? Because they took away the particles all together. They didn’t reduce the shine because the shine wasn’t the problem.

So yes, while I respect your ability to make the argument that it is a matter of degree,

I must respectfully point out that, that perspective is wrong. Because if it was simply a matter of potency they would have reduced the shine and not taken it away all together. Its not a matter of degree of brightness its a matter of moving particles on your screen at one time.

Let me remind anyone reading this topic that I am simply asking why take one ability that sometimes clutters your screen has it’s particles stripped in the name of gameplay clarity, but another ability that sometimes clutters your screen is able to keep it’s particles?

While I’ll say in MOST situations it’s not bad for me.

I will concede I personally have at times on particular maps (distillery being the worst offender) had difficulty seeing harpoons connected to the monster. The little red metal gear alert icon will let me know- but I’ll be damned if at times I can’t see which angle to swipe at to remove it.

It’s not frequent by any means. But frustrating when it happens.

I do find they can make it difficult to see things like mines or if im in Hydes nade as well- but that’s usually less of a problem compared to the harpoons for me.

Wraith is wraith, quira is a hunter.

Are you talking about the Old supernova or Quira’s grenades?

Can you elaborate? I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.

Qairas nades.