Right now I see the following problems with Wraith’s Super Nova which I think this suggestion might fix:
- Against unexperienced Hunters it deals too much damage, as they do not exit the cloud effectively
- The higher duration per ability point results in a much higher damage potential, being devastating towards an immobile target
- Area of denial tools like Mortars, Orbitals and Toxic Grenades reduce its effectiveness massively as a disengage becomes nessessary and wastes its duration
- Experienced players dodge most of its damage too easily
- It is not really viable at Stage 1
Each activation of Super Nova grants a Maximum of Super Nova 'd attacks, meaning after X amount of melee attacks found a target, the Super Nova cancels. In an effort to balance this, the damage per hit should increase.
##Details and Example
This is Supernova right now:
Stage 1 Wraith attacking: 59 damage per hit Stage 2 Wraith attacking: 61 damage per hit Stage 3 Wraith attacking: 65 damage per hit 1 Point: 5.7 seconds duration 2 Points: 7.1 seconds duration 3 Points: 8.5 seconds duration
I do not have an accurate number for the time per hit, but 0.4sec (2.5 hits per second) seems to be a good approximation based on my testing. Adding a timeless opening hit this results in:
1 Point: 15 hits 2 Points: 18 hits 3 Points: 22 hits
Given a situation where the full duration can be used, this results in a total damage output approximatly as follows:
1 Point @ Stage 1: 885 1 Point @ Stage 2: 915 1 Point @ Stage 3: 975 2 Points @ Stage 1: 1062 2 Points @ Stage 2: 1098 2 Points @ Stage 3: 1170 3 Points @ Stage 1: 1298 3 Points @ Stage 2: 1342 3 Points @ Stage 3: 1430
This of course is devastating against unexperienced players, and it also is a 62% damage difference from its lowest to its highest, where other abilities have a 10% difference.
As a suggested example I have this to offer:
- The damage value of Super Nova is set to 99, which is Wraith’s current melee damage.
- The damage increases per point, not per Stage to 102 and 109 respectively.
- The amount of hits per Super Nova is limited to 8.
- The Super Nova cloud cancels after 8 hits have connected to a target or after the duration runs out, whichever comes first.
*1 Point in Super Nova would then provide 50% of its duration to spend on Abduction a target back in or something else without loosing valuable time of doing damage.
- At 3 Points you would have 67% (currently) of Super Nova spare time to make sure that all 8 hits actually find its target and you get the full 872 damage in a minimum of 2.8 seconds (One opening hit and 7 hits with 0.4 sec delay).
Alternatively to the radius leveling up, the attack speed might be considered to increase per point. This would provide a higher burst but still the same damage output.