Summers Almost Over.. Quick! get it all in before its too late!

Did you get everything you wanted to be done this past season?!

tumblr_ae87d4725d103446d83192f056f85377_5b83a33b_400

3 Likes

Spot the mistake in the above cartoon^

Pandas are vegitarian and therefore don’t eat meat. [their bodies can consume and digest meat like any other bear, they simply chose not to.]

3 Likes

While pandas are primarily herbivorous, they are still bears and will eat meat or eggs if available. As such, the Chinese cartoon above is not any more inaccurate in showing it eating a watermelon than eating that leg of…whatever animal that’s supposed to be from.

2 Likes

Actually, as taken from this website here: https://blogs.unimelb.edu.au/sciencecommunication/2013/10/05/do-pandas-eat-meat/
“In 2010, a group of scientist from Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan discovered the reason behind panda’s diet. The study using genome mapping compared the genome of giant pandas to other Carnivores. They found that there is a mutation in T1R1 gene. The gene encodes for T1R1 protein which is umami taste receptor. The mutation turns T1R1 into a pseudo gene: a gene which is no longer expressed. As a result, pandas cannot taste umami taste of meat and gradually lost their interest in meat.”

2 Likes

This does not change the fact that they do, at times, eat meat if they feel the need to do so. That the panda above is eating meat only means that the meat is flavored in some way.

1 Like

The page literally concludes with this: “To sum up, pandas do not like meat because meat is not tasty for them and these pickiest eaters thrive on bamboo thanks to the tiny digestive helpers in their gut.” So can they eat meat? Yes. Will they eat meat if there is anything yummier out there? No. If If a panda has absolutely nothing else to eat but meat, will it eat meat? Probably, but that wouldn’t be any different than a human being being stuck in a cell with nothing but [insert disgusting food item]to eat.

2 Likes

I literally just said the meat is probably flavored somehow. Like, it’s drowned in bamboo juice or some shit. I don’t know if that’s a thing but it could be. A lot more juice flows out of the meat when he bites into it than would be expected from perfectly normal meat, so it’s definitely covered in some sauce or filled with some juice. Also, you have failed to note that the panda only has 3 claws, so really, who’s the real false god here?

1 Like

YOUR MISTKE ^.^ That’s Genma Saotome. Like his son they fell in too cursed hot springs… When splashed with cold water, the son Ranma turns into the girl, and his dad turns into a panda.

So a human in panda form would eat meat ^.^

2 Likes

All right, I can live with that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

^.^ love it… if anyone is interested its called Ranma 1/2 and its my favorite anime. Its just really good. ‘martial arts sex comedy’ but not soft cel, just situations relationship stuff.

2 Likes

Meat can be very juicy. Whole meats like a leg portion he is eating which the meat hasn’t been cut retains all the moisture much better.

You cut or bite into a properly cut chunk like that and liquid goes everywhere.

1 Like

Hey…where the fuck did the topic go? I can’t find it

6 Likes

There’s a penis joke here somewhere, I can feel it…

2 Likes

If there is, I didn’t write it.

1 Like

Yes! This summer I was able to do lots of things that I wanted to like- *bzzt bzzt*- That girl just ate two whole eggs without having to chew her food in a couple of seconds O_O

2 Likes

eggs

It’s Brock’s “jelly donuts” all over again…

4 Likes

Damn. I thought it was that the red haired girl took a bit out of an [insert whatever the hell that is. Looks like a hardboiled egg, so that’s what I’m going for] and then tosses the clearly undamaged, full egg into her mouth.

3 Likes

Is it officially uncool to be on topic now?

I didn’t get to remotely start or finish anything I wanted to this summer. It was completely soaked up by hectic life stuff. I’m kind of excited for where I’ll be next summer, though, and I hope to accomplish a lot more by then with a new chapter.

However, I have achieved more fitness goals this summer than I have in previous years, so I am proud of that. :grin:

3 Likes

If you’re into that kind of stuff, you should read the manga “Beastars”. Really good.

3 Likes