So I’ve been a bit bland on what happened.
Tuesday last week I got my car back from the mechanic-dealership because I needed some things fixed.
Well after $1200 of problems being fixed, I was going to drive my car down to Phenoix AZ since I go to ASU, from Denver CO. Well when going down I-25 and taking a right onto I-40, about an hour outside of Albuquerque NM, my transmission got fucked.
About 3 hours into my roadtrip I started having problems, where my speedometer would just drop to 0 randomly. I pulled over and tried to find out why, which I couldn’t. I got back on the road and it worked… until it fell back to 0 again about 10 minutes later, but this time with a smell. I pulled over, couldn’t find out why, and got back on the road and it seemed normal again.
Then after a few times, my car wouldn’t recognize what MPH or RMP I was at, so when trying to accelerate I would be at 5000 RPMs and increasing while only going 20 MPS. I then found the problem, where if I pass 4000 RPMs my speedometer would fall to 0 and my transmission would start acting wonky. I got through Albuquerque via staying around 3000 RMPs but that was all fine and dandy until I got an hour outside. That’s when my transmission was fully blown.
Not once did I get a engine light and my dad had to come rescue me and pick up the car. So tomorrow my dad is going to tear into the mechanics and dealership because dropping $1200 into a car with 60,000 miles only to have the transmission blow up 5 days later is unacceptable.
However when I got picked up my dad dropped me off at the Albuquerque Airport so I could fly back to AZ, which I did this Sunday morning.
Now I’m back at my room, and I have food poisoning so fml.
So I’m safe, but I’ve been fucked so hard the past year that I seriously feel like I’m insane.
- I ended HS with a 2.99 GPA, and O F C the cutoff to get into the Engineering program is 3.0, so I got put into undeclared
- Undeclared has their own dorms at ASU, and It’s right in the middle of the business dorms, which for those who don’t know most of the popular kids from HS go to get business majors, so I haven’t been able to make any friends, since they only care about Football, the Gym, and Sex, which I have more values than just those 3.
- First week of College I had bedbugs.
- Second week, Food poisoning.
- Third week, my bike got stolen.
- Throughout the semester I struggled to get to my classes on the other side of campus since I had no bike.
- I failed most of my classes.
Then this semester/year so far:
- I got removed from most of my classes since I didn’t meet the requirements, and I had to drop the 2 that I was taking, so I can’t boost my GPA.
- I got a roommate who is the cookie-cutter version of a fuckboy who, once again, only cares about the Gym, Football, and sex, all while going fora business major. I think I’m too harsh when judging him, but said roommate hasn’t acknowledged my existence since the day he moved in.
- When going to a seminar on how to get my life back on track I talked to 2 people and halfway through the conversation they stop acknowledging my existence (This was strange, as we were having a fine convo but it’s like the wind just changed direction and I stopped existing).
- I had to take an unnecessary 40 minute detour last Saturday when vising my aunt for my birthday.
- My parents basement flooded last Sunday.
- My car got $1200 worth of repairs that are now irrelevent.
- My sisters computer got fried.
- My car’s transmission failed halfway through my roadtrip to Arizona.
- And now I have food poisoning, and a 0.4 GPA.
Seriously I have a few things going for me right now, and I need to vent because this shit all happened in a year and despite people telling me “that it will get better” it really hasn’t. Each passing day I lose the will to live because I’m blown away that my life has gotten this fucked up.
With all of that said, I’m not ignorant of the positive stuff like my dad driving 8 hours to come rescue me, pick up my car, and drive back 6 hours (in total, he drove 19 hours in a day since my older sister needed to be dropped off at the airport in Denver), or how I’ve been meeting some nice people on Tinder, and one girl is creepily like me as in we have 99% of the same stuff in common (which sucks since I don’t plan on staying in AZ since I’m failing College, and I don’t have a working vehicle to take her on dates), as well as a few other things like you all listening to my bitching and horrendous adventure.
Just note that I care about these forums greatly and is one of my greatest highlights this past year as well as one of my highlights of my life so far. I’m about 70% sure that when I home over the summer that I’ll get a tattoo of the Evolve footprint on my upper back since It means so much to me, probably in ways that no body else can fathom
In the meantime, I’ll just keep trucking through life and hopefully it gets better. I’m not going anywhere.